The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Please sign online petition for tougher sentences for animal cruelty

Please sign online petition for tougher sentences for animal cruelty

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
There is a new Brisbane based organisation called BLEATS - Brisbane Lawyers Educating and Advocating for Tougher Sentences.

Their website is: www.bleats.com.au

Click on "How can I help", then click "Online Petition".

I hope you all can offer your support. Good on them for taking this stance.
Posted by Bilby, Sunday, 30 September 2007 8:43:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent URL, Bilby. I trust the judiciary will read it and get the message before they hand down another mere slap on the wrist to the next barbarian who gets off on torturing defenceless animals!
Posted by dickie, Monday, 1 October 2007 10:31:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Signed up today.
The farmers ought to get a $1000 fine for tying their dogs in the back of utes.
Through wind and storm and blazing sun these poor animals are the most abused of all farm animals. To see drought again and again in this country has to do with the curses the farmers bring on themselves for animal cruelty. I knew a farmer who shot a three legged dog because it wasnt pulling its weight and he didnt want to feed it a few biscuits each day to have it as a pet. Beautiful friendly dog.
And how about the animals in paddocks without trees? I complained about the sheep at the Killarney abattoir in QLD being left in the open yards and they put up shade cloth. Shamed into doing what was right. A major inquiry please into farmers and abattoirs!
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 1 October 2007 11:03:41 AM
Thank you, Bilby, I just signed. This is a great new site and I've added it to my favourites.
Posted by Celivia, Tuesday, 2 October 2007 12:50:51 PM
gibo, I was under the impression you got fined if your dog wasn't tied on the back of the ute when travelling, I presume this is when you see them.
Posted by rojo, Tuesday, 2 October 2007 4:27:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy