The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Females in front line combat ... Noooooo

Females in front line combat ... Noooooo

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Laurie, your comments are noted. I could present you with many scenarios to strengthen my case against women in front line units, but it would be a futile exercise. You have your view and I have mine so let us agree to disagree, rgds
Posted by ALAMO, Thursday, 5 October 2006 11:11:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sharkfin kind of put the whole thing in perspective right there?

Good question and right on.
Posted by taurus29, Sunday, 8 October 2006 3:59:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Laurie

Let me be very clear, if push came to shove, and we needed all hands on deck to survive, I'd be as appreciative of any female help I could get, including in combat. I see no reason for females not to be given full 'readiness' training including weapons and unarmed combat familiarity. I'll be happy to train them :) I've seen females deal a kickboxing style knee to the face which put a bloke out for the count in one go.

But being male, and aware of my own condition, and the situation of being in isolated locations with a bunch of other guys, toting guns and backpacks,..... somehow a female just doesnt' fit. Guys tend to think a LOT about the opposite sex when they are isolated, and R&R during Vietnam saw the 'cat houses' very well patronized by young sex starved (dare I say 'crazed'?) men.

If a female was attractive, and fully qualified according to the criteria specified, and joined a front line platoon, I think it would be about 5 microseconds before the 'guys' were polarized, panting and making a play for her affections. I cannot think of anything more destructive to the fighting cohesiveness of a bunch of guys.....
except... this. If she found herself attracted to some bloke and they actually DID 'do' something naughty, wooo..I think that would be the end of morale.

At the end of the day, we are still males and females.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 9 October 2006 7:51:00 AM
War is an obscenity - it is simply more obvious when we imagine women engaged in it. I never see hand to hand combat anymore and women are certainly just as able to pull a trigger as men. Also 60kg men would be easily overpowered by 120kg men but small men are not refused front line duty because they are easily overpowered by bigger people. I think the repopulation argument is perhaps the most logical but with so few women having children these days...
Posted by Rob513264, Tuesday, 10 October 2006 7:18:55 AM
Boaz..you are right when you say 'at the end of the day we are still male and female' .

A female is snot as strong as a man, even at the same size,thinks differently..war is not about emotions its about logic etc...

The battlefield is no place for women.
Posted by taurus29, Tuesday, 10 October 2006 8:44:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy