The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > King Charles and Queen Camilla Are Coming to Australia.

King Charles and Queen Camilla Are Coming to Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The premiers have deliberately decided to be rude to the King & Queen.
They have only demonstrated what poor quality people we have voted into government.
It appears that Albo demonstrates better manners.
Posted by Bezza, Tuesday, 15 October 2024 10:06:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

The phrase "head of state" is not used in the constitution of:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
The Bahamas
United Kingdom

The phrase "head of state", referring to the King, is used in the constitution of:

New Zealand
Papua New Guinea
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu

As of June 2022, 36 of the 56 member states of the (British) Commonwealth of Nations have become independent republics. Brunei and Eswatini both have their own monarch, Lesotho and Malaysia are constitutional monarchies with their own king, and Tonga is a semi-constitutional monarchy, with its own king.

In Malaysia, the head of state is an elected monarch, chosen from among the nine state sultans every five years. The head of government is the prime minister.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 2:14:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear Foxy,

Yes, I think we should always be polite, whatever the circumstances.

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/89/0f/fc890f26af0ec465d91c2582545c15be.jpg

http://www.tiktok.com/@flutteringpositivity/video/7390935753695481119?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 3:05:23 AM
The insulting behaviour of the ignorant state premiers goes against the sentiments of most Australians. A poll last weekend showed that the monarchy had actually increased in popularity since the death of the Queen two years ago. Those wanting a republic are fewer in number than those who voted yes to the notorious Voice.

Australians, irrespective of political leanings, seem to be more in tune with the King and Queen of Australia than we are with our bloody awful politicians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 7:56:35 AM
Speaking of bloody awful politicians, an even worse one might be joining them after the coming election in the ACT.

James Cruz ACT Green candidate for 19 Oct election has brought attention to himself. Wanting to become a politician himself, he has had this to say:

“ f..king kill politicians” or “send them to The Hague and hang them in the street”.

On Israel:

“F..k Israel” and “their genocidal regime”; and”:

“I don’t give a s..t how many of their occupying forces die when they couldn’t care less about indiscriminately slaughtering civilians, and actively cheer as they die.”

I wonder where he stands on "hate speech". Oh,that's right. Hate speech comes from others, not the Greens.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 8:21:03 AM
I appreciate reading all of your views.

As always, it's good to see the logic behind each post.

I'm looking forward to the visit by the Royals.

I just hope that there won't be any political protests.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 16 October 2024 8:27:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy