The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tragic and Intense Time of Stabbings

Tragic and Intense Time of Stabbings

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
With the Bondi Junction and Wakeley Church stabbings, these few days have been tragic, tense and rough, even for people far from Sydney.

How do you feel?
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 9:40:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Mavs,

How do I feel?

Like the world's gone crazy.

Watching the news these days is distressing.

The fatalities of the Middle-East conflict tear at your
heart-strings. The situation in Ukraine continues. American
politics looks grim. And now things have hit home with the
stabbings. Makes you wonder - what's next?

Trying to stay calm is difficult. Yet we need to do just
that. We need to find what unites us, not divides us.
We need to show respect for each other and try to come
together to save our communities. Australians have always
shown each other assistance in times of strife. If this is
not a time of strife, I don't know what is. Be kind to
each other.

It's not a big ask. But it will have a big impact.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 3:23:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
These last 5-6 days of stabbing outrages have been a very bad time. Bad news syndrome kicks in. I've been losing sleep. And need to get away from the keyboard (stop writing about bad news) and exercise more.

A broader reality (with the end of Daylight Saving, with longer, colder nights) is Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) kicks in. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

SAD varies is severity for me year by year. Yet writers often benefit from mood swings - within boundaries.

But I realise those stabbed and those in Gaza and Ukraine have life far worse.

How about you?
Posted by Maverick, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 3:35:55 PM
Hi Mavs,

I've got enough on my plate at the moment with other
health issues. So yes, what's happening on the news
does affect me deeply. However, I have family support
which helps. As do friends. I find myself watching
entertainment programs on TV. especially quiz shows -
like "Tipping Point," and "Deal or No Deal," and
just lately I've started to watch, "The Farmer wants
a wife."

Oh, and I'll be watching "Judge John Deed," tonight.
Love that show. Martin Shaw is delicious.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 4:12:34 PM
Now back to the stabbing in Wakeley.

The bishop who was stabbed is well known for his
outspoken views. From Covid-19 lockdowns, anti
injections, to homosexuality, and non-Christian
religions including Judaism, and Islam.

It should be concerning to us all that a 16 year old
boy was responsible for the stabbing of the Bishop.

There's something wrong when that happens.

Also, we now have to look out for retaliatory attacks
and possibly even more tragic events.

Perhaps communities, especially religious communities,
need to be more selective in who they choose to speak
from their pulpits. Especially when the speeches can
incur such disastrous results. Words do matter. And their
effects can be very bad.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 4:42:29 PM
With reference to the Muslim stabbing the Assyrian Orthodox Bishop, I feel that this is just another example of the stupidity of multiculturalism and the introduction into Australia of non-British/European Arabs and the like with built-in volatility that is just not the way of British/European Australians.

Muslim stabs Christian. Arab Christians riot and attack police officers. A bloody disgrace that is entirely the fault of our idiot politicians, who were, and still are, too stupid to know there is no such thing as cultural relativism, and Australia is rapidly fracturing because of their idiocy.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 4:57:48 PM
The American embassy in Canberra now warns its citizens that travelling to Australia carries US-style safety risks of random violence.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 5:07:12 PM
Since the weekend I have visited twice a shopping centre, not my usual one and seen on each occasion persons with knives atteched to their belt. One an aged man with a pig knife attached to his belt, I would think for self protection, and today a young aboriginal worker in the street with a 200 mm long knife in his belt I would say for work. However neither should be carrying a knife in a public place.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 5:42:55 PM
Hi Josephus,
The aboriginal worker carrying a knife in the course of his employment is legal.
The old guy in the shopping centre carrying a knife for self defence is illegal.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 6:57:56 PM
"that is just not the way of British/European Australians."

Well thank God for Martin Bryant. Queensland 2023, Christian fundamentalist belief system, known as Premillennialism" results in 2 police officers and a neighbour shot dead. This blinked, minds eye view of things by our resident forum radical apologists. I can see why he voted for Corny Banana! And now bangs on about the virtues of One Nation and the Lovely Pauline!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 6:58:26 PM
Josephus,

What makes you say one had a knife for protection, and the other for work.

Guessing?

But, it is illegal to carry any type of knife in a public place in Australia, except for utility knives such as a Swiss Army knife or a pocket knife with a blade no longer than 10cm.

Both of the people you saw should have been reported to police.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 7:39:33 PM
What is the state of mental health services for people in crisis? Andrew Cauchi tried to take his son's knives for fear of being killed with them. Surely for someone at risk of harming themselves or others there should at least be a crisis care assessment?

I have heard of cases of mentally ill people with knives being shot dead when the police were called.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 7:48:57 PM
The awful mentality of those who are facilitating these tragic doings can still be addressed but time is running out.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 10:46:55 PM
There is no connection between the two stabbings. One was allegedly caused by mental health - mental health is a popular excuse these days - and the alleged perpetrator is dead.

The second has been, wonder of wonders, declared to be a terrorist attack. That's the one we we should be worried about.

Terrorism, unlike the killings by a lunatic, is a problem brought on us by our own political class, not only stupid enough to mix cultures, but also arrogant enough to think that people of cultures alien to our own were suddenly going to accept our ways and practise them.

Thanks to the ignorant, arrogant bastards in Canberra - the Labor Green cabal, plus the Coalition, the possibility of terrorism will always be with us; particularly as it is most likely to be the locally born, not the original immigrants, who will be the problem, as experience has indicated.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 11:10:43 PM
The parents of the teenager who allegedly stabbed the clergyman say that he is not radicalised. He is a “gentle” person, who can be “short fused”. But, not long ago he “bought himself a drum” and he listens to music: a “no-no” for a radicalised person.

A spokesman for the Lebanese and Muslim Community, Dr.Jamal Rifi, claims that the police were so “overwhelmed” that they declared the incident a terror attack to “unlock powers” and get the help of ASIO, the AFP, and the Commonwealth Government.

These people are ghastly! And they were brought to us by our wonderful, caring politicians.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2024 11:38:18 PM
What is essential to understand is how he came to think that stabbing the priest was a good idea. Maybe he was reading some of UNWRA's educational material for Palestinian children?
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 18 April 2024 6:00:32 AM
"Maybe he was reading some of UNWRA's educational material for Palestinian children?" Pathetic comment, UNWRA workers put their lives at risk delivering humanitarian aid to desperate people. then some anonymous "keyboard warrior" wants to denigrate these people. 200 aid workers have died in Gaza doing what they do best. helping people trapped in a bloody war! Where are YOU? safe and sound in Australia.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 18 April 2024 6:54:10 AM
Paul,

You can deliver aid without abusing children. You should reflect on your hatred as well as your turning a blind eye to child abuse. It doesn't matter who the perpetrator is.
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 18 April 2024 6:59:53 AM
In these dark times something light helps. Adapted from The Shovel http://theshovel.com.au/

"Peter Dutton Stubs Toe, Compares It to 9/11"

"Peter Dutton has stubbed his toe while walking to the kitchen at his family home, immediately drawing parallels to the pain and suffering felt by victims of the Twin Towers attacks of September 2001.

In a statement to media, Dutton said his stubbed toe – which he referred to as ‘the events of March 11 – was a significant moment that would be seared into the Australian psyche.

“While no one was killed during the events of March 11, it was akin to 9/11 in terms of its social significance,” he said.

Earlier he compared a minor disagreement with a motorist over who had right of way as ‘My Battle of the Somme’.

The Opposition Leader also took the opportunity to express his concern that school children were not being taught enough about the cultural significance of his stubbed toe. “Teachers are choosing to totally disregard this event, as if it never happened. We need to get back to a curriculum that teaches Australian kids about the significant moments in our history, such as this” he said."
Posted by Maverick, Thursday, 18 April 2024 8:10:50 AM
Is anyone else experiencing messages that your connection is not safe; back to safety, and attempts to stop you from getting into OLO?

Just keep going. Looks like someone is playing silly buggers, or worse , trying to shut us up.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 April 2024 8:50:23 AM
A Pakistani security guard stabbed in the Bondi incident now reckons he should get citizenship after the highly emotive squawking that a Frenchman waving a bollard at the killer should get citizenship.

The Pakistani's "graduate visa", whatever that is (I'll bet it has nothing to do with security) runs out in a month.

Albanese was one of the emotional squawkers.

How about every foreigner in the shopping centre that day gets citizenship!

This country and its people get madder by the day.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 April 2024 9:01:41 AM
The riot that followed the attack on the Bishop points up for us all
that it is not just moslems that behave in that manner.
The point seems to have been made at Bondi Junction. I am sure that
everyone who saw the bearded photo of the man with the knife thought;
"Oh no not a terrorist !"
Fortunately it wasn't but it took some hours for the police to be certain.
However note that there was no rioting crowd outside attacking police.
The difference is the different in behaviour of Arabs and Westerners.

It seems to be an almost inevitable result of transporting
large numbers of Middle Eastern people to Australia and replanting
them into our cities.
They establish themselves in their own enclaves which is the result of large numbers.
The effect is exaggerated by the rule that moslems do not sell land to other than other moslems.
Lakemba/Bankstown in Sydney is an example of this.
We have not just imported people but their normal reactions
and customs and religious predigests and historical feuds.
We have simply replanted the Middle East into Australia.
When they behave in a manner that is illegal or improper our law must
be enforced or Australia will become like the Middle East.

Somehow there has to be a re-eduction scheme for adults and children.
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 18 April 2024 3:31:22 PM
it is not just moslems that behave in that manner.
Bezza,
That goes without saying. Stupidity enhanced by poor mentality indoctrinators is shared by humanoids anywhere.
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 19 April 2024 8:45:59 AM
Kudos Maverick, ttbn, Josephus, Armchair Critic, Fester, Indyvidual, Fester, Bezza. I think that cultural relativism does exist but perhaps not in the way that the Woke / Communists express it by saying that we need a nihilistic multicultural world so that there aren't any conflicting cultures. Communists seem to want a world without white people- and so push multiculturalism in European and Western nations. African's on the other hand have one of the largest land areas on the planet "Africa"- four times the size of the US. Politician's and special interest groups have pushed multicultural programs to break down society for their benefit- well the stabbing is seemingly one result of their program. They have set us down a path of conflict that will seemingly gather momentum and become a destructive avalanch destroying all in it's path including the ones that created it at some point. Hopefully when the dust clears there will be people of sense to work with those that we can work with and leave alone those we can't.
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 21 April 2024 11:37:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_relativism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory
Posted by Canem Malum, Sunday, 21 April 2024 11:41:35 PM
The stabbing at the church has now boiled down to an argument between Musk and Albo.
I saw the video and it was very short and did not show very explicit
vision of wounds. It was almost immediately obscured by those in the
church rushing to the Bishop's aid.
Albo is waffling on about misinformation and disinformation.
What can be seen is not worse than what can be seen in any murder
mystery on TV and no where as specific as anything in Silent Witness.

I suspect that the government is using Musk's X as a stalking horse
to bring in his mis and dis information censorship.

I have not seen the videos of the 7th October attacks and there might
be a case to not broadcast them, but mis and dis is something else again.
Posted by Bezza, Tuesday, 23 April 2024 11:49:58 AM
I have always thought that moslems were not very clever to press on
with a belief in Islam but I have seen it proved again.
The spokesman for the Council of Immans was most upset and disappointed
that the police did not consult with them before the raids where the
teenagers were arrested and discuss the matter with themselves !

They have proved they are stupid if they really believe that !
If not who were they trying to get a message to ?
Was it to other moslems to shut up ?
The spokesman said it on tv with a straight face, I must admit I laughed out loud !
Actually reading back over this I think there could be another
intention behind it. They are laying the groundwork for trying to get
an "in" to anti terrorist planning and activities.
What do you think might be the real reason ?
Posted by Bezza, Saturday, 27 April 2024 11:33:40 PM
Bezza,

I think moderate Muslims are like moderate Anybodies, they deplore violence, just as moderate Christians do. It's the extreme, be it religious extremists, or political extremist, who will resort to violence as a means to further their ideological aims. Religious text of all kinds talks of violence as a means to impose Gods will upon society, yet there exists contradictions within religious teachings which deplores violent behaviour in the name of God. I don't know much about the Koran, but I do know much about the Christian Bible, as a handbook on how to live your life the Bible is pretty much useless, I suspect the Koran is in the same category, although the "believers" will want to tell you otherwise.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 28 April 2024 6:07:31 AM
Baz,

Muslims have been led to believe, by our political class and the Communists, that they are entitled to special treatment in Australia. Australian politicians love differences and opposing groups. It's the old Maoist divide-and-conquer technique. The 'aborigines' are used in the same way. The more the diverse the population, the better their totalitarian schemes will work.

The wrecking of Australia is well under way.

Even if enough voters were interested interested in kicking out Albanese, who would they vote for? The equally useless and increasingly Leftist, Liberal Party. I think that we all have to face the fact that Australia is rooted, and that we are all to blame.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 28 April 2024 10:19:26 AM
I thought for a while about posting this link.
It is a long read but like the current events is something we should face.
It does explain to us in our lucky country why some of these
isolated event we hear about are occurring overseas.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/20605/persecution-of-christians-march

https://tinyurl.com/3cdy9f5s

Near the end there is a statement that not all moslems are like those
portraid in these reports. Of course that is true but it doesn't help.
At the end there is an historical list going back many years so it is
not a new problem. I know some of the usual tender souls will
criticise me but there is one story of a girl in France that seems
a model for the attacker on the Bishop.
So if you are feeling up to it have a read and let me know if you are
offended or felt it worthwhile just to know which way is up !
Posted by Bezza, Sunday, 28 April 2024 11:18:11 PM
<a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oystervpn.app">Fastest VPN app</a>
Posted by David Cook, Tuesday, 30 April 2024 11:33:47 PM
Thanks Bezza for the links. Kudos.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 1 May 2024 12:11:30 AM
"We need to find what unites us, not divides us"

Answer- The uni-party divided us when they didn't take public direction in implementing it's mass immigration policy. They caused it- classic victim blaming. Anti-White / Anglophobia.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 1 May 2024 12:26:30 AM
Bezza,

I shall repeat what I've said to you many times.

We saw what happened in the Christchurch attack and
in Wakeley. We saw the damage that can be done when
societies become polarised around differences.

They are likely to see radicalised ideologies develop
and flourish. It is therefore vital that we continue
to build social cohesion within Australia establishing
strong ties between not only Australian Muslims but
other diverse groups, fostering diverse and inclusive
environments in which every Australian has the
opportunity to fully engage in everyday life.

We can only build a strong and harmonious socially
cohesive community if we embrace and accept everyone in
our culturally diverse society including our Muslim
Australians.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 1 May 2024 9:58:27 AM
I understand all that Foxy but it is irrelevant unless the Koran is
changed and moslems stop teaching their children that the Koran is
Allah's word and can NEVER be changed on pain of death.
Change that as starters then you might get somewhere if lucky.

Enoch Powell an English politician warned of just this problem a
long time ago, but everyone just called him a racist and they now
have the problems coming back to bite them.
Posted by Bezza, Wednesday, 1 May 2024 11:35:59 PM
Why do you believe that all Muslims practice their
religion in exactly the same way? And how do you
know what they teach their children, and even if their
children listen to their parents? Muslims are not one
homogenous group.

Sweeping generalizations about any religion does not
do credit to arguments expressed. And BTW - Muslims have
been living in this country for decades, with no problems.
And I'm sounding like a broken record - but I shall
keep on repeating it - there are fundamentalists and
extremists in all religions.

Take a break from singling out just Muslims.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 May 2024 11:05:24 AM
Hi Bezza,

You keep expressing concern about the Islamic religion.
However, what about people like Brenton Tarrant's
mass shootings on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand?
What about white mationalism, anti-immigration sentiment,
and white supremacist beliefs? What about Anders Behring
Breivik, and even our politicians like Pauline Hanson?

Any concerns there?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 2 May 2024 11:16:47 AM
The Christchurch attack is just as wrong. Likewise the Norwegian event.
However there is a difference not just in scale but organisation.
No one has bothered to have a system of terrorism organisation
warnings and declarations of Christians as they do of Islamists.
I find it hard to believe that you are unaware of the common religious
background and the co-ordination by the Moslem Brotherhood.
I suggest you buy a copy of Robert Spencer's The History of Jihad.
Even if you are unable to accept everything in the book it certainly
sets the history sequencing.
Search on his name and the book and you will find it.
There are quite a few other books but I have only read that one as
it filled in my lack of historical knowledge.
If I might say, I feel you are prepared to believe the best of
individual moslems and quite so, but if it comes to the crunch they
will not side with us.
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 2 May 2024 11:08:40 PM
Any concerns there?
Foxy,
Most definitely ! Gradually, people will have a gutful of this one-sided multiculturalism where the Caucasians are invariably branded the instigators when attempting to revert to sanity & common sense.
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:38:40 AM
Indyvidual,

The only ones doing the labeling and branding are
folks like you and Bezza.

Stop gaslighting!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 9:43:39 AM
My goodness Foxy how can you be so uninformed about what has been
going on in Europe for the last umpteen years ?
I told you a long time ago to throw away those Rose coloured glasses !
Posted by Bezza, Tuesday, 7 May 2024 4:37:29 PM
Foxy,
You really are beyond help. May I suggest you spend time in Europe ! A couple of weeks there will show you what's coming to Australia but will your indoctrination allow to accept what your eyes will see ? I won't hold my breath !
Melbourne Uni demonstrations should be shown unfiltered on National TV.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 8 May 2024 8:08:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy