The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Christmas, curry and many faiths > Comments

Christmas, curry and many faiths : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 29/12/2009

'I am particularly amused by the well-meaning folk who call Christmas the 'holiday season' to appear more inclusive for my benefit.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Christmas or Ramadan - it is all rubbish. A celebration of nonsense based on ignorance and superstition.
There is nothing wrong with celebration and the exchange of gifts per se, but let's drop the fiction, and (hopefully) the drunken carnage on the roads and in the streets.
Posted by GYM-FISH, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 3:38:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Four questions to the writer and one suggestion to everybody
(a)Tanveer, your wife was a Christian. Is she still a Christian?
(b)Tanveer, you have a child. Is it being raised as a Muslim?
(c)If female will it become one of the ostentatiously covered up Muslims?
(d)Will the child go to a Muslim school or a State school?

Suggestion to all - read the work of the Egyptian born woman Nonie Darwish, in particular 'Cruel and Usual Punishment; the global implications of Islamic Law'. Nelson 2008

Foolish people were surprised how awful Hitler was - even though it was all clearly stated in Mein Kampf. Read Darwish or, when the stuff hits the fan, do not wail 'but I didn't know how awful Islam/Sharia was'.

Too late then.
Posted by eyejaw, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 4:19:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Tanveer,
You sound like a tolerant person, so I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, in the spirit of solidarity under one God. I am, however, very depressed and disturbed, when I hear extremists declare that they will repay love of life (apparantly a western/christian cultural norm - despite the number of abortions performed in christian cultures) with death - as in the recent declaration after the plane bomb attempt. I suspect that muslims have greater respect for the unborn than christians - generally, and so I wonder why so many appear to embrace suicide bombing.
Posted by bridgejenny, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 5:55:14 PM
Ho Hum,

Yes,exactly, the Christmas that most people celebrate is now more or less secular and has evolved from Roman,Germanic or other pagan Winter festivals,the Christians have lost control of Christmas after 1500 years.
Posted by mac, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 6:07:55 PM
Jesus was not born on 25th December so no relevancy to Christianity bar the holiday name. Apart from that it is, and should be a secular holiday. Those that cry that the Christ has been taken out of Christmas should eb reminded it was put there fraudulently to begin with.
Posted by TheMissus, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 6:08:54 PM
Well said Tanveer. There is no reason in a secular society why we cannot all celebrate according to personal beliefs.

The top most livable places in the world are all secular societies.

Political correctness is pointless when it comes to the celebration of these 'Holidays' whether Christian, Muslim, Jew or otherwise.

The most ridiculous thing I ever witnessed in response to political correctness was when our Primary School banned the usual Easter Hat Parade and replaced it with a Hindu dance show.

I think the Principal was attempting to be inclusive at the height of the political correctness madness but all she did, despite the excellent dancing, was create resentment and divisiveness. I should add there were no Hindus attending the school at that time.
Posted by pelican, Tuesday, 29 December 2009 6:32:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy