The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Copenhagen as a monumental tragedy of the Commons > Comments

Copenhagen as a monumental tragedy of the Commons : Comments

By Sarah Bartlett and John Hickman, published 17/12/2009

Copenhagen will fail to come up with a genuinely workable solution to the crisis of global warming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
I used to subscribe to the theory that bull sh1t baffles brains, but with you two, I now see it baffles the brainwashed, even better. I am of course, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you don't have a vested interest here, just an ego investment.

If either of you two massive intellects can give me one single bit of proof, after billions spent looking for any proof, that CO2 is heating the globe, I'll surrender.

You did both believe the Y2K scam, didn't you?
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 18 December 2009 11:11:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's interesting that the polar regions seem to be diminishing at an alarming rate...surely an unusual side-effect of global "cooling".

A massive iceberg is at present floating in the Southern Ocean and being carried by currents towards the W.A. coast. It is 1700 kms south of Western Australia at the moment - although it is expected to break up as it reaches warmer waters. It is 19 kms long and 80 kms wide and it broke off the Ross ice shelf a decade ago.

New Zealand has also found itself inundated with icebergs of late, and has put out shipping warnings to warn mariners of potential hazards.

When you get pieces of Antarctica floating up to visit you, it's probably time to start taking your head out of the sand.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 18 December 2009 11:39:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see the Resident Climate Scientologist continues to talk in circles while attempting to qualify those he berates.

I say Climate Scientologists because its turning out to be less than a science and more a belief system with underlying "science" doctored to suit the prophets .. "hide the decline", indeed. Adjust this bit, add that bit to fit the narrative, you couldn't predict BS as thick as this could you? Well, clearly the Climate Scientologists can!.

Climate is too complex for current methods .. as much as they all try to BS the rest of us that they understand it, it's becoming clear that the reason temperature charts are doctored.

Nothing meaningful has come out of COP15, as expected. (Skeptics rule again)

Now we'll be able to see if all the doom prophets are correct or not, I suspect it will all just fade away as we adapt to a warmer world, and not stupidly destroy our future on the folly of attempting climate control.

Find you I expect the finding will go on for those happy few in the Climate Scientology world. Possibly the public may be less easy to fool in future, after the CRU outing. Maybe we'll see other whistleblowers out other own dabblers in the dark arts.
Posted by rpg, Saturday, 19 December 2009 2:33:58 PM
Q&A, Settle down. Just sit back, relax and watch the US Legal System and their Senate deal with AGW matters. You can stop "selling".

Remember what I said to you last week..... stage one "Anger/Denial. Deal with it. It was both predictable and expected. Stop proving us right and leave us some work to do.
Posted by spindoc, Saturday, 19 December 2009 5:20:15 PM
Spindoc

Yes, I remember. You said;

<< Q&A, I feel your pain, you have every right to be angry and you have invested much. The first stage is anger/denial. Without your acceptance of being “had” you are at risk of getting “stuck” within the trauma cycle never to emerge. >>

I replied:

"No Spindoc, I am not in any pain (so I can't imagine what your feeling) - nor am I angry."

You did not reply so I assumed you were ok with that.

Now, you seem to think I am selling something and are still rabbeting on about anger/denial. What is your problem, really?

As to the US, thanks for your advice, notwithstanding I have always taken an interest in what they do (so too China).
Posted by Q&A, Saturday, 19 December 2009 6:04:27 PM
Sounds to me like the tragedy of the commons is alive and well.

The Chinese refuse to sign anything, where they can't cheat.

The developing world wants 100 billion$ a year given to them,
which no doubt would be used to buy cars, buy electrical goods
and live it up like the West, increasing the problem still further.

Those in the West most favourable of an ETS are the bankers and
traders, who can see fortunes to be made by all this trading,
already carbon trade derivatives are being discussed as a great
way to make a quid.

Sounds to me that my old theory is about right, mother nature
will sort it all out in the end, even if the hard way. There
is just no point in stressing about it.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 19 December 2009 6:16:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12