The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s 'Crunch Time' > Comments

It’s 'Crunch Time' : Comments

By Tony Kevin, published 21/12/2009

'Crunch Time' explores how to bridge the gap between true environmental stewardship and economic governance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Herbert Stencil, I like it.

If you want an analogy, or lots of them, see studies by Kesten C. Green, International Graduate School of Business Management, University of South Australia. kestencgreen.com, its work in progress but informative.

It seems that man is capable of changing local and regional micro-climates; this has been the case since Roman times, as in the Mediterranean. The AGW stuff is a crock of.

AGW science has, or is about to collapse, see other threads.

Renewables? A recent study from Cambridge Uni suggests that the UK could achieve about 10% of its energy from “all forms of renewables”, max! In Australia we might push that to about 15%. This would not even compensate from population increases.

There is no evidence of global warming, let alone AGW. The science has collapsed. Hence there is no evidence that there is any connection at all with CO2.

You are on the right track, the information is out there. Start with the international Dailies. Out local media is censored, forget them.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 21 December 2009 9:11:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I used to be strongly anti nuclear but now I realise it is our only chance. If we don't stop burning coal future generations will be stuffed. There is enough coal for centuries out there and if it is all burned Venus will seem like a mild climate planet.

We can put a moratorium in place where we reduce coal sales by 10% after 2020 so that by 2030 the rest is all left in the ground.

We would have to switch our own economy to a mix of nuclear and renewables otherwise we would have no credibility putting the moratorium in place.

Nuclear energy has a bad name in the west but with some education that may change. Drink driving, smoking cigarettes used to be acceptable behaviour. Now after serious campaigns it isn't any more. The same can be done about coal
Posted by gusi, Tuesday, 22 December 2009 2:13:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sparkyq

Dead right!

I feel guilty about leaving my fridge door open and yet my local supermarket has huge fridges that don't even have doors. I cannot believe that they are still legal.
Posted by benk, Tuesday, 22 December 2009 10:04:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy