The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The climate giant awakes. Have we turned a corner? > Comments

The climate giant awakes. Have we turned a corner? : Comments

By Paul Gilding, published 22/10/2009

The world is turning our way and while the climate change crisis is still coming, the crisis response may not be far behind.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I am not so pessimistic.

It seems to me that people are becoming aware of the AGW myth, and are likely to turn on the politicians when the important tipping point is reached; the one where more than 50% become aware of the scam.

At the moment there are 56% fooled by the nonsense fed to them by Gore and the IPCC, but this is diminishing as more people become aware that CO2 continues to rise, while the global temperature drops.

There has been no warming since 1998, and the world has been cooling since 2002. There has been no global warming since 1978. Satellite recording of temperature since that date shows that there has been no warming in the Southern Hemisphere, since that time.

So the warming was half global, Northern Hemisphere only, until 1998, and then, truly global cooling.

There is one world leader who tells the truth about global warming; Vaclav Klaus, the President of the Czech Republic. In his country, only 11% believe the AGW myth. If our citizens were told the truth, then instead of an uneasy, slight majority of believers, we would have a strong majority of enlightened disbelievers.

More people are becoming aware that there are no scientists that say that AGW is established, and about 5 of the 2,500 scientists who have done reports for the IPCC are prepared to say it is "likely" that human activity causes global warming.

There is growing hope for truth and realism to prevail.
Posted by Leo Lane, Thursday, 22 October 2009 8:59:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More cheap shucksters lining up to stuff their pockets with the easy money that'll come rolling in from Emissions Trading.

If these guys were shilling for less politically-correct moneymakers like oil companies, they'd rightly be howled down in an instant.

Sorry, but when someone who stands to make a fat profit is sternly wagging the finger at me, I tend to raise a finger back.
Posted by Clownfish, Thursday, 22 October 2009 9:58:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Clownfish, have you been avoiding the media recently? The non-politically correct greenhouse gas emitters, like the coal industry, are the only ones which are going to profit under the compensate-the-polluters ETS model proposed by Rudd & Wong.
Posted by Candide, Friday, 23 October 2009 7:20:57 AM
Leo Lane, I am surprised by this. Do you have any references for these figures you've provided?
Posted by whitmus, Friday, 23 October 2009 6:40:11 PM
I am sure you are surprised, if you rely on the usual media outlets to inform you, Whitmus.

The 56% I specified, should have been 57%. The article is here:
http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2009/oct/23/public-opinion-rapidly-cooling-global-warming/

Three years ago, the figure was 77%, so I believe 20% reduction in 3 years is hopeful, particularly as there are a lot of books disclosing the true science, selling very well. People seem to be making the effort to educate themselves on the topic.

Ian Plimer's "Heaven and Earth" is a best seller, here and in the US, and it is about to launch in the UK. This is a thorough presentation of the science in a historical format, by a highly regarded geologist.

As to the misrepresentations by IPCC about scientific backing, see "UN Numbers Hoax", here:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/968
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 23 October 2009 10:52:56 PM
"The science clearly lays out what a stable climate looks like", what utter rubbish - I have never seen anyone claim they know what the climate should be like, are you seriously saying that there is a set of worldwide conditions that is perfect? Says who?

When has the climate been stable? How will "science" achieve this stability? By reducing CO2, I don't think anyone has said it will produce stability, just a return to conditions where the planet is not going to what .. catch fire?

Hysteric nonsense, people who scream fire in movie theaters are no different to this sort of article. This is designed to alarm people and makes BS claims like this - stable climate, in your dreams mate.

BTW - If any one would like to sell their seaside property, let me know - I'm happy to pay peanuts for it since it will obviously be inundated in a year or two - similarly for any property on Sydney harbor.

Isn't it interesting that all the fearmongering is not producing the required result to get donations and membership to the doom cults.

If it looks like a sect, acts like a sect ..

(and not even a climate scientist is he? .. good point made earlier about this sort of article)
Posted by rpg, Saturday, 24 October 2009 2:20:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy