The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Earth jurisprudence: standing up for the planet > Comments

Earth jurisprudence: standing up for the planet : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 24/9/2009

It's about time the Rudd Government and the Turnbull Coalition put aside their adversarial posturing on climate change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Ho Hum writes

'Meanwhile Runner regularly makes postings that have no relevance whatsoever to the topic on hand.'

What on earth has that got to so with this article Ho Hum?
Posted by runner, Thursday, 24 September 2009 4:09:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kellie:

Thank you for article.

Now I'm feeling really concerned. If you're a lawyer, the legal profession needs a complete overhaul.

Please provide one piece of hard scientific evidence showing any link between human production of Carbon Dioxide and Earth's modest global warming that ended around 1998. Just one.

The IPCC estimates annual human production of CO2 at 23 billion tonnes, less than 3% of Nature’s estimated 770 billion tonnes. Annually, Nature produces 33 times more than do humans. (IPCC)

More telling, Nature completely controls the ongoing exchange of CO2 between the atmosphere and Earth's near surface rocks, soil, biomass and oceans. These contain 100,000 times the carbon contained in the atmosphere. Nature determines atmospheric CO2 levels.

In every 2,600 molecules of air, just one is CO2. Nature is not overloading on her trace gas.

Professor Endersbee explains CO2 is absorbed into and released from oceans depending on ocean temperature. This explains recent rises in atmospheric CO2 levels. Confirmed by ice cores, and contrary to IPCC, temperature drives atmospheric CO2.

CO2 is not toxic. It’s essential to complex life.

Despite some western governments spending around 50 billion dollars searching over almost 20 years, the IPCC has no proof humans caused global warming. None.

Kellie - just one piece of evidence linking human activity with global warming, please.

Malcolm
Posted by Malcolm Roberts, Thursday, 24 September 2009 4:42:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Malcolm

NASA explains the impact of human activity on climate far more succinctly than I.

However, I suspect you don't really want evidence, if you did you could've sourced it for yourself by now.

http://climate.nasa.gov/causes/

Ho Hum - I share your concerns about the latitude some posters are given compared to others.
Posted by Fractelle, Thursday, 24 September 2009 4:52:00 PM
Christ on a rubber crutch, Squeers, you're serious, aren't you?

What other "emergency" measures do you think might be necessary? How about an "Un-Ecological Activities Committee"? Perhaps a "Congregation for the Defence of Gaia"?

I daresay whatever body oversees your "international convention" and rationing regime will be given the powers to audit citizens' "ecological footprint"; no doubt those reprobates abusing Mother Gaia will need to be sent for "re-education". One imagines the "Greenlag Archipelago" that will spring up in the wake of your fond vision.

Maybe just cut to the chase and make all "unternachhaltigen" wear green stars, so that the righteous "ubergrunen" will know their enemies on sight.

"Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth." - C. S. Lewis
Posted by Clownfish, Thursday, 24 September 2009 4:56:51 PM
Thanks, Clownfish, for the best laugh I’ve had in ages. One does strive to be noticed (not as easy as you might think!).
In truth I deplore the necessity, but the alternative is leaving these matters of some considerable moment to the bellicose beligerations of the bloated bourgeoisie. When it comes to matters of real import, not simply the bottom line, I don’t trust democracy, which only tends to turn for a profit—and turn we must.
Be honest, how many of your (assumed) brethren are eying the matter at all objectively (I realise that moral perspectives are completely beyond their ken)?
My contention is that the electorate is dominated by popular (read ignorant) opinion, which blithely overrides evidence or logic, however compelling.
And yet you are gobsmacked when someone has the effrontery to treat the infantile baiting jargon about fascism with the contempt it deserves.
Look at the electoral backlash Bligh must contend with over abolishing QLD’s fuel subsidy. Why did she take this “necessary” measure three years out from the next election do you think?
Yes, I’m saying that the ignorant masses would have their governments stay “steady as she goes”, whatever the emergency. Sorry to p!ss on the palaver, but sometimes decisions have to be made independent of ideology. Look at Obama’s dramas getting health care reforms underway, and this in a country that boasts about human rights and equality; what a joke!
Actually, the best thing will be to hand the decision making over to a computer, as soon as it learns the lessons that continue to elude us--but could it be trusted to do the right thing--by us--and not decide, ala the Daleks, to EXTERMINATE.
Posted by Squeers, Thursday, 24 September 2009 6:28:37 PM
Let's have a look...

Evidence? No...

Qualifications? No...

New ideas? No...

Move along, folks, Nothing to see here.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 24 September 2009 9:09:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy