The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Planning Never Never Land? > Comments

Planning Never Never Land? : Comments

By Ross Elliott, published 10/8/2009

Trying to contain future urban sprawl in South East Queensland is a physical impossibility: the numbers don't stack up.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
“The author is not interested in the truth or even other alternatives.”

Examinator, I don’t like drawing such hard conclusions. But you may well be right. If Ross doesn’t respond, I’ll assume that you are definitely right.

I don’t get it – why do people put up articles on forums like this if they are not willing to partake in resultant debate and stick up for their views when they are questioned?

Ross and many other authors need to be commended for putting their views forward on OLO. But can’t they see that the overall impact upon themselves and any organisation that they might represent is strongly negative if they are criticised and they don’t respond? Can’t they see that the criticism is seen to be valid? – especially when the same sort of counter-argument is levelled by all respondents as it is in this case.

Thank goodness for those authors that do respond.

“PS why don't Casse piggy back on like minded groups in the SE one I know of has over 5000 members and would be open to negotiation.”

Well there is Sustainable Population Australia (SEQ branch), and possibly the Queensland Conservation Council. What other groups are you thinking of?

“Good luck”

Thankyou. I’ve been plugging away at this stuff since 1989 and I won’t be stopping any time soon! (:>)
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 12 August 2009 1:11:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It would appear that you are right Examinator!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 18 August 2009 9:41:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy