The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The economics of dieting > Comments

The economics of dieting : Comments

By Andrew Leigh, published 31/7/2009

Would you trust an economist to tell you how to lose weight?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
This is an encouraging,at last economists are bringing some rigour into the notoriously unscientific economics industry,economics might even become a science one day.
Posted by mac, Friday, 31 July 2009 4:59:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Mac so true it may well become a science particularly because no one in economics agrees with anyone else. Interesting ideas though, thinking outside the square and all that.

The really amusing one is restaurants having to label a meal with the kilojoule content, I mean really, wouldn't that take the joy of eating out occasionally? Just pick and then feel guilty for the rest of the night out..... Of course that would be if anyone actually read the kilojoule content.

What about the chefs, they are cranky enough as it is......well what can I say another bloody invasion into peoples lives.

What about making the work place happier so people are more inclined to be more mobile when they come home rather that just plain tired and bloody well stuffed.

Stop beating the poor buggers around the head for just trying to keep up with their workload instead of continually reminding them how they are going wrong in their lives..
Posted by RaeBee, Friday, 31 July 2009 7:53:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm
Would television eating have anything to do with the advertising I wonder? I would have liked to have seen them have a group who got rid of their tv for the duration of the study. I bet they would lose the most.
Posted by mikk, Saturday, 1 August 2009 3:31:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy