The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The contribution of homelands to traditional owners > Comments

The contribution of homelands to traditional owners : Comments

By Jimmy Pascoe, published 19/6/2009

For Indigenous Australians government policy keeps on changing: 'Sometimes we feel like we are part of a game we can’t play.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
rainer, on a whim I indulged your desire for an insult based exchange yesterday after you attacked me without reason and on a different subject to the article at hand.

Since you still clearly will not address the article on "The homelands etc", I'll withdraw as there is no point.

If you want comments or a discussion on wages, lost, forgotten or undecided, why not write an article and take your chances on OLO?

I would suggest you go to one of the tabloid newspaper blogs or some other like site to find partners for mutual insulting and aggressive adversarial exchanges, good luck.
Posted by rpg, Sunday, 21 June 2009 2:31:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There were protests around Australia yesterday on the two year anniversary of the Howard / Brough intervention. I attended the one in Darwin where a busload of Aboriginal Representatives from all over the Northern Territory came to express their anger and frustrations over the disruptions to their lives and the false accusations of child abuse as well as the added insults associated with the N.T. Government's proposals regarding withdrawal of funding from their Homelands / Outstations.
One angry lady from Alice Springs wept with her pent up anger and remarked " How would you white people like this to happen to you "
as she spoke of the insults and indignities that have been heaped on them
What a pity some of the klansmen who have posted such vitriolic drivel were not present to utter their excrement in the face of such angry emotion....They might have been lynched.
Posted by maracas1, Sunday, 21 June 2009 2:55:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
maracas1 = racist bigot, threatens violence.
Posted by odo, Sunday, 21 June 2009 4:10:08 PM
All the posts on this forum are terribly sad .......but not as sad as the program on ABC Friday night ; that showed the world that Australia has reached the pinnacle of racism , we are the Ultimate !
All the publicized US examples and Hitlers efforts pale out compared to Australia's disgusting expertise . I find it absolutely mind boggling that this happened in our country .

How come the Minister and the Employees of the Company can be that blasé about this situation ?

I have been somewhat blinkered in my thinking concerning racism in the North thinking they must be (the aboriginals) raciest themselves how wrong I was !

It seems to me that no sensible arrangements could be possible where this intrinsic racism prevails ; the owner of the Company would only talk in "Law Speak" and refuse to be interviewed ; the employees were simply gobsmaked that anyone would protest! The Minister went on the defensive then realizing the interviewer was not going to be fobbed off shed a tear for herself , what a Grub , yet the Raciest people of the location (Darwin I suppose) vote for her ! Proving endemic Racism in that locality .

We all should encourage the Aboriginals and insist Aboriginal people should be Major shareholders in all mining in the Australian North allow our guilt to finance their return to providence .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Sunday, 21 June 2009 7:43:54 PM
ShazBaz001,:

All the publicized US examples and Hitlers efforts pale out compared to Australia's disgusting expertise . I find it absolutely mind boggling that this happened in our country .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Many who so protest previously sang praises for Pol Pot in Cambodia, until the Vietnamese moved in...

Sadly atrocities happen everywhere, even in "traditional A"* society.

Recommend you take opportunity to learn.

Shouting out how "Hitlers efforts pale out compared to Australia's disgusting expertise" certainly shows your mind is boggled, corrupted, by some inner disorder seriously effecting rational thinking... or excessive ignorant greed.

Find offensive your widespread comparison of events in Australian with the Nazi behavior.

Whilst not closely related, knew some survivors of the Nazi camps, so did learn a little,

Posted by polpak, Monday, 22 June 2009 6:05:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy