The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ecological imperative of the one-child family is also better for children > Comments

The ecological imperative of the one-child family is also better for children : Comments

By Tim Murray, published 3/6/2009

Surely extinction is too high a price to pay for parental self-indulgence? We must stop at one child. For their sake if nothing else.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
There is little we can do about the undeveloped world’s population, although to read what the author of this article and other greenies say you would think it is somehow our fault. Until the leaders of some of these countries stand up in the United Nations and ask for help to provide contraception and education for their women then it is THEY who are responsible. We can’t just barge into their countries and make them implement these things because the reality is they don’t want to.
Posted by sharkfin, Saturday, 13 June 2009 3:13:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What we can do is stop making things worse, which is apparently what most international aid does. If we wish to provide aid, and if those countries wish to receive it, then we can tie it to demonstrated effectiveness in educating women, and in providing contraception. If those countries receiving aid don't like that, then they don't have to accept the aid.
Posted by Rick S, Sunday, 14 June 2009 12:19:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Have a close listen to this voice, Rick S.

>>...we can tie it to demonstrated effectiveness in educating women, and in providing contraception. If those countries receiving aid don't like that, then they don't have to accept the aid.<<

"Here," says Rick S "I have some food for you starving people. But first you must make a firm commiment not to have children. Which is to be? Would you prefer to raise a family, or eat a meal tonight? Your choice. No pressure."

Why do you feel the need to control the lives of others so much?

Is it because you live so well, in a prosperous and free country, that you feel obliged to tell everyone else how they should conduct their lives?

Or does the answer lie far deeper in your psyche?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 14 June 2009 4:01:49 PM
Hey, we give aid voluntarily right now, and the studies are showing that it would be more humane to completely halt all of the aid that is only making things worse. I'm gathering then that you support the status quo, and wish to continue making things worse for other countries. What a nice global citizen you must be.
Posted by Rick S, Monday, 15 June 2009 8:49:55 AM
What studies, Rick S?

>>we give aid voluntarily right now, and the studies are showing that it would be more humane to completely halt all of the aid that is only making things worse<<

It is more humane to watch people die of starvation and untreated illness? What kind of arrogant neo-colonial nanny-knows-best rubbish is that?

Do try to find some justification for the "it would be more humane to completely halt aid" statement. I can't wait to be impressed by its warm, caring and unselfish sentiments.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 15 June 2009 1:57:46 PM
Nope, I'm not falling for it.

I've already done the work, and have read the studies. As I said earlier, nothing I say is going to change your mind. It's time for you to actually do a little work, find out the real story behind international aid (yes, it makes things worse), and open your eyes, and your mind. Our aid needs to be tied to education, especially of women, and making contraception readily available. That is the only way to minimize the suffering that you seem so willing to continue.

Do you actually know how to use a search engine?
Posted by Rick S, Monday, 15 June 2009 3:14:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy