The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Working with our neighbours > Comments

Working with our neighbours : Comments

By Vince Hooper, published 27/4/2009

In the wake of the G20 summit, Kevin Rudd must reinforce Australia’s role in our region by hosting a regional forum on the economic crisis.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Wing

Three answers:
1. yes, where goods and services can be done locally so as to support full employment/reduce foriegn debt/borrowing and contribute to self reliqance- yes. Where goods and services cannot be made here in Oz due to lack of a resource or expertise then to that extent let in the imports. Restrictions are only to be done TO THE EXTENT of fullemployment etc as mentioned.This is flexible and non ideological and thus common sense and very human. To much humanity there for many economists and fellow travellers of the major bimbo media I'm afraid Wing.
2. I only work from a democratic framework Wing, as I'm sure you do too, and thus the non-democratic approach is never acceptable. In any case whter there are democratic or undemocratic regimes, the deamnds of justice must be the only way to live in terms of types and levels of taxation. Regressive taxes and tax rates that are exhorbitant are unjust and can never be countenanced. The GST has to go. Thatcher's poll tax had to go and did go because it would have hurt the ordinary working people the most.

3. What are you talking about Wing? I am opposed to governments taking anyone's property unless of course minerals and resources are found on the land in which case govts have a right to take it for the common good however govts must, in justice, pay the former owner a proper price and royalties I would say so that everyone is kept happy. What do you think Wing?
Posted by Webby, Thursday, 30 April 2009 9:51:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy