The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Warming takes centre stage as Australian drought worsens > Comments

Warming takes centre stage as Australian drought worsens : Comments

By Keith Schneider, published 6/4/2009

With record-setting heat waves, bush fires and drought, Australians are increasingly convinced they are facing the early impacts of global warming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
BOM predicted a lower than average rainfall for North Queensland for the summer just gone. When the 'scientist' can get it close in their short term predictions they might not look nearly as ridiculous in their long term scaremongering. The author again is so selective about high temperatures and bushfires. I noticed he did not mention that Perth had its coolest night on record in March. Of course this did not make the headlines because it contradicts the mantra of global warming. Thankfully even some of the hardened believers on OLO are starting to wake up to the fraud that so many have swallowed. The science is far from settled and if anything a simple look at temperature graphs shows that we have wet and dry winters, cool and wet or cool and dry summers. Nothing has changed for a long long time. There are far more pressing matters on this planet than making up problems.
Posted by runner, Monday, 6 April 2009 5:22:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for your article Keith. I am familiar with the current algaeal bloom in the Murray River and remember the floods of 1974.
I think climate skeptics live in those parts of Australia that have been waterlogged this year. If you live on the coastal strip its hard to imagine how dry and dusty it is inland in south eastern Australia.
Posted by billie, Monday, 6 April 2009 5:36:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Greg it's been awhile !
I am a bit perplexed you have lent your name to what is propaganda .
You should have asked your mother how many times the Murray stopped running at Tooleybuc , How many years the Gem paddle steamer was holed up at Best's because it couldn't get over the "Bitch & Pups" etc.
I remember my father remarking at brekky that he was going down to the River Murray with the intention of reversing it's flow , we kids challenged him so he said come on , down we went and sure enough reverse it's flow he did just by starting the irrigation pump !
AFAIK there is and has been water at Tooleybuc , now compare , now with then , about 55 yrs on check out the Home numbers from the Hume Weir to Tooleybuc wow what a surprise ! what a lot of water . Your Grandfather was still using a 40hp Oliver !

All the Global Warming is just hype and every intellectual has entered a lotto like game to attract dollars for a nice grant from a hyperactive government bent on becoming famous for something . It will be fun until they run out of other peoples money . Then the "Greatest Depression Ever" will begin .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Monday, 6 April 2009 6:26:54 PM
Keith Scneider really takes the cake here.
Mistakes, ommissions and plain silliness abounds in this whole lot of nonsense.
Like Shazbaz I am aprehensive that the Lords of the Universe have effectively stolen my superannuation with their "Recession". Now Rudd is spending taxes we will have to pay for more years than I will be alive.
Here is a thought, what about turning all the politicians and public service pensions into the future fund but letting those geniuses run it and no top ups from us taxpayers. They get what they earn? Some chace!
Posted by JBowyer, Monday, 6 April 2009 7:43:14 PM
YOU HEARD ABOUT THE NEW GLOBAL currency?
well its the carbon credit

brought to you by the same think tank that gave us equity debt swaps and derivitives [and enron etc]

as we dither garrot and the greenie minesters are slipping the deal through

*the new reserve currency* [courtesy of those fraudsters ;derivatives traitors][and environment minesters] in usa right now sealing the deal

using the fortuinate event of a shelf collapsing in the antarctic , because the earth is going through its current warming[following the cooling cycle ,in the earths elipictal path arround the sun, we have gone through this warming cooling for ever, but timming is everything

just watch the libs [opposition melts as they do a turn arround in record time ,and before you know what went down the derivitives speculators have got their new global carbon credit,

that the enron derivitives traitors /speculators will speculate [and you will be tied into paying at whatever the market will bear],!

whatever these banker trators / traders can set the neo global order ...of the car-bon credit currency at

dont say you wernt told, the neo new carbon credit [derivitive scam is nearly a done deal] and you will be paying for the neo con bull [all you can bear]

...aint the free-mark-et a free for them [not free for-all], you just pay your new tax, while the derivitives traitors speculate it into their latest bubble
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 7 April 2009 7:10:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In trying to understand the reasoning of climate change, peak oil and overpopulation denialists, I have grouped them in the five groups below.

1. Totally stupid, able to ignore the evidence and rationalize it.

2. Have pecuniary interests in pushing their nonsense .

3. Really believe that they are telling the truth.

4. Are using this approach to make a name for themselves and have their moment of fame and do not really care or believe about what they are promoting.

5. Unable to face up to the facts because they find them too hard to live with.

In the first group I find quite a few people that I would classify as “stupid”. They are incapable of researching into the facts and have no inclination to do so.

The second group, “in it for the money”, the big corporations are set on maximizing profit and do not have any morals or conscious.
They in turn use their immense wealth to buy the allegiance of unscrupulous pseudo scientists and politicians to raise a smoke screen and distort the issues.

The third group who really believe that none of these events are happening, they are able to take facts that are apparent to all and spin them into a fantasy world of half-truths to explain them.

The fourth group “doing it to attract attention”. Self-interest is everything to them.

The fifth group is quite large and found everywhere. They cannot cope with terminal illness, and this is a form of that. The Kübler-Ross model explains this.
It is groups 2 and 4 that are the biggest cause for worry because they are deliberately going out of their way to appose any solutions to the problem. They are sometimes able to affect outcomes and do their best to slow or stop action to counteract global warming.
It will of course be too late for any action to reverse the process by then.
Posted by sarnian, Tuesday, 7 April 2009 8:50:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy