The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor isn't selling this time > Comments

Labor isn't selling this time : Comments

By Graham Young, published 17/3/2009

In Queensland, Lawrence Springborg is standing there as the rebound date. He might not be all that slick, but at least he's not Labor.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Labor must be really on the nose.Springborg comes across as an dry unimaginative,authoritarian figure.He makes Bill Haydens's dover's dog look like a Hollywood glamour.

We seem to have a dearth of leadership around the entire planet! Is is the natural progression of decay before the dawning of a new enlightened era?

I don't know if I have the time or the energy to survive this modern dark age.Pax vobiscum.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 7:14:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When is the election? Just keep Springborg out of the water!
Posted by Kenny, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 7:30:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One thing that puzzels me is the slogan that the premier uses:
Vote for labor and Let's keep QLD strong!

So is she reffering to the QLD of today, if so, with its failed health, education etc, can we be called 'strong'.

Another thing that puzzels me is where all the money has gone.

In the past decade, or the bulk of it, we have seen unpresidented revenue growth from property sales and mining royalties.

Why now, after all this revenue, are we 'broke' in QLD after less than six months of financial downturn.

In reality, we should be 'financially bullet proof'! Don't you think?

I for one will not be voting for the LNP, rather I will be voting against labor!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 9:22:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
eyejaw is correct when talking about the waste of money in education in QLD.
I’m with The Borg on this one – What Happened to All the Money?

In my time in state schools I was appalled by the wastage of both money and personal.

In the case of Maths the immoral waste was usually at the hands of those woeful HODs.

Too concerned with maintaining their own comfortable life-styles and perceived importance they thwarted any attempt to modernise Maths teaching.

I saw so many of these self appointed “upholders of standards” coaching groups of intelligent and self-motivated students to do tests and then passing it of as education. At the same time they openly conspired against any change to the status quo.

The damage they have done to education lives on – a moral and criminal waste.
Posted by The Observer, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 9:26:49 PM
G.Young.
Unfortunately the press have not compared the new candidates of the LNP with the ALP party hacks that have held down (particularly Brisbane)seats.
There are some outstanding highly qualified candidates out there that deserve to replace those hacks and be in a position to asist the LNP to better manage the state.
There are some there that could very quickly take over Ministries from shadow ministers after a short period of transition to government.

If it is a hung parliament I would like to see Peter Nicklin as independant speaker in an LNP Government.

The irony of the election is that the LNP probably need to win an independant seat.The one most likely is the member for Nanango.
The LNP candidate has form as the son of an famous (or infamous) ex Premier and Senator

Jacksprat.
Posted by Jacksprat, Wednesday, 18 March 2009 6:05:26 AM
I am bored with this election campaign. None of the advertising from the major parties is getting through to me because they are "assaulting" each other with this negative advertising.

I want to know what the local candidate thinks, but when I email him on issues, there is no reply. Perhaps he is too busy to care about answering a local inquiry. He'll pay at the election on Saturday.

However, it is a waste of time to imagine that a local politician for a major party will cross the floor on issues of personal commitment. If he/she does, that person won't be endorsed at the next election. Party politics is on the nose for me.

Isn't it amazing how Anna is worried about a "hung parliament" now? There's little talk of the independents and Green's having the balance of power. That would be good for Qld as politicians might realise that local issues are important and they have avoided them for this election.

I agree with other posters that the education and health systems are in a mess. Do you think that in 3 years any Govt. will fix them? I'm not holding my breath.

What's even more alarming is that this state is broke and that doesn't seem to bother Anna & the Labor party! But I don't expect the Borg to win on Saturday!
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 18 March 2009 6:07:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy