The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Kevin Rudd's idol FDR did it, so why doesn't he? > Comments

Kevin Rudd's idol FDR did it, so why doesn't he? : Comments

By Alan Moran, published 9/3/2009

Kevin Rudd must rein in recurrent expenditure, starting with public sector salaries.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I don’t apologise for not be able to read everything you write davidf, I made that mistake some months ago on another thread- After reading two of your commentary notes , I sort of figured if McDonalds needed a new clown or more of an Intellectual ham burglar – opportunities galore for you.

And it would sound like diatribe to you. – Of course davidf; that did not surprise me. But I have a need to find out for certainties sake. And a good sense of humour.
Posted by All-, Thursday, 12 March 2009 1:41:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Davidf, As a fifth generation Australian who is significantly worried about our countries future, we need a vibrant country also, which has a depth of industry to support ideas, innovation and inventions,instead of just watching bigger countries cherry pick our talent while the public sector build their taxpayer funded empires and irresponsibly regulating whats left. Everyone needs a job of some description to reinforce their worth, but 3000 jobs to weed the creek at $19'000 per year released as a green labor election promise when health and growth are a prerequisite, seems piffle to me. If the jobs need to be created by government, lets consider (float) other industry sectors other than the government environmental industry which could produce more useful results, say for instance indentureship's, cadetship's and apprenticeship's which support the private sector when the aim is to increase constructive advances in materials development & production, engineering & design, health needs are currently in short supply. Edwards Deming would probably agree to support these types of government spending programs which through observation,over time, would more that likely add value and create confidence when producing tangible products and quality results. Flora and fauna observations after leaving grade 12 seems highly political and a waste of hard earned tax, which is now being feeblemindedly dispersed.
Posted by Dallas, Thursday, 12 March 2009 3:10:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Dallas,

If those green jobs are the only jobs I agree that there is cause to worry. I thought that those who attacked those jobs wanted those jobs eliminated and denigrated the effort involved. Certainly there should be more than that.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 12 March 2009 3:27:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy