The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rudd's essay is much more than spin > Comments

Rudd's essay is much more than spin : Comments

By Jason Wilson, published 20/2/2009

In Kevin Rudd, we have a Prime Minister who’s prepared to take risks in putting his case for change on the public record.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Wondering if young Rudd has has ever heard of the old term pitstock politics, simply meaning that it has been pitstock politics that has kept Australia going pretty well right through the Howard Costello era.

But now it looks like our long-time pitstock importer China is now in trouble, and wonder in the West should we should let out saviour China become part of our own production by grabbing and saving Rio Tinto as the only way to possibly save ourselves till our global economic problems blow over if they ever will?

And there we thought us cockies might help to save the situation, but Rudd has foolishly thrown away our single desk, letting in the same Big Biz buyers that buggered us up during the Great Depression.

Thus because the Single Desk allowed us to handle the buying as well as the selling, it was us making the extra profit instead of the canny buyers.

And back to pitstock politics, we might now have to let China become part of our own Aussie export system wonderng where in blazes it's all going to end.

Have Fun,

Regards, BB, Buntine, WA.
Posted by bushbred, Sunday, 22 February 2009 2:22:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Floatinglili, from a social science viewpoint, Neo-Liberalism is still Free-market, the terms both letting too many uneducated people, believe it means going for broke like betting on a horse.

That is, if there ever was a right way, especially in the modern version where the term Deregulation alone encourages both old hands and new chums to take business risks that have caused most of the global money problems the world is now facing.

Cheers - BB, WA.
Posted by bushbred, Monday, 23 February 2009 6:31:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Try this as an example. I was working in a job far below my qualifications , I had been ill for some time and returning to work needed something not too stressfull . People around me were doing things financial that I knew they were unqualifyied for . I enquired how were they able to do this ? The answer was use a financial adviser
up front fee was 500 , extensive resume was crafted and a few days later an appointment with GE finance arranged , I had to tell GE that I wanted to purchase a Boat and a Caravan . A week or so later I had my deposit on a House What could John or Kev do about that ? Follow loan recipients around for a couple of months peering out for a boat and caravan ? No the enviroment breeds the brute Kevs got nothing to do with it . I needed money , my 500 buck adviser knew how to satisfy all GE's criteria , I go my house , done deal .....so let's say Kev makes up laws to stop this bearing in mind my own house halved my rent .......would you vote for Kevs draconian laws ?
Lets look at credit cards , back in the good old days you bought a washing machine , you needed to keep it for ten years so when it stuffed up you repaired it , not so now , we are a lot flasher , up to the GoodGuys with a credit card grab a camera while your there no pay for 24 moths Whoppie .........what Kev goin to do about this financial tryst , would anybody vote for him if he did ?

Well you see it's a no go zone , no Global Warmings the go, Kev knows he didn't start it and ditto he can't stop it , run a scare campaine talk about 20/20 etc etc etc , buy up a heap of empty dams conduct the water savings to the CoooWong by TV ( a bit like Harry Potter ?)
Posted by ShazBaz001, Tuesday, 24 February 2009 2:04:08 PM
Sorry, was for Rudd before he threw out our single-desk.

Former Ccckie's Unioner, and still an agrarian activist turning 88 in June.

Have Fun, BB, Buntine, WA.
Posted by bushbred, Monday, 2 March 2009 1:00:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy