The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The forgotten victims of prostitution > Comments

The forgotten victims of prostitution : Comments

By Jehane Sharah, published 12/11/2008

There are victims of the trade of prostitution who rarely get a mention: the partners of the men who use them.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
It's troubling that the article didn't go into the cultural values of those who are often at the worst end of this issue.

We all know the worst cases of sex slavery exist here among Asians, and in Europe it's middle-eastern, or eastern European (all the cultures with little regard for life).

Even in Australia, slavery exists. Well, in every western country that Asians have come to, there exists sex slavery. Recently in Australia a wealthy Chinese woman who ran an illegal brothel was laughing outside court after being acquitted of having a slave. She said our laws are stupid.

Another immigrant success story, eh?

While prostitiution among western women is usually one revolving around drug addictions, or easy money, it's their choice often.

I've done surveys with such women as part of my degree and this I have found common - as well as a tragic upbringing.

Among Asians however, it's simply vile cultural values - like fake debts put on women who are brought out here for the express purpose of prostitution. What sort of people could do that to another human being?

Well, unfortunately, those with Asian values. I say this only because it is a common thread - a common occurance - that in western countries there are illegal slave brothels run by Asians.

Focus on the ethnic women, who have no voice.

And don't be afraid to criticise the barbaric non-western value system.
Posted by Benjam1n, Sunday, 16 November 2008 6:43:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy