The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Costello has nothing to brag about > Comments

Costello has nothing to brag about : Comments

By Damian Jeffree, published 17/10/2008

The Howard government did nothing as house prices spiraled out of control powered by a debt binge that will haunt us for years.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Shadow Minister,

"You assumptions on Costello's work ethic based on how he looks on TV is absurd."

I don't think so. When everyday people say things like "you get what you pay for" and "when things sound too good to be true, they probably are", what do you think the real message behind that is?

Anyone who tries hard to promote their image is only trying to do one thing - sell themselves to a willing buyer. I'm sorry, but work ethic and image are poles apart! If Pete is saying he works hard, he's in the same bin as Eddie Maguire, who's made mileage out of telling us all how he came from Broadmeadows (a poor, housing commission part of Melbourne), with the added inference/suggestion that "you too can make it from humble beginnings". As if. Eddie now lives in Toorak I believe - and I'm sure he wouldn't go anywhere near "Broadie" now.

This is just part of a strategy to deflect personal criticism so as to make his life comfortable. Same with PC. And if he has worked hard behind the scenes, let's see the evidence.
Posted by RobP, Monday, 3 November 2008 8:31:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy