The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Girl power is back > Comments

Girl power is back : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 2/9/2008

Governor Sarah Palin: exporting some fresh Alaskan air to Washington.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
If the normal, sane world, had wanted to pick the worst nightmare for a VP in the US election, there was no candidate more suited for the job than Sarah Palin.
She is a total clone of Dubya and with a dash of extreme sisters of the right thrown in.
With a very aged president that could fall off the perch at any time she is waiting in the wings to jump in and continue the march to the right that the US has been engaged in for the last 8 years.
It is an obvious (to the thinking person) move to try and capture the disenchanted Hillary supporters to run a woman as VP.
It is so obvious that it is hard not to believe there is sardonic laughter coming from the Republican camp.
I am not a Hillary supporter but I am a bit amazed that Obama did not pick her as his running mate because it would have almost made sure of the presidency for him.
I live in hopes that reason will prevail in this election although with the voting machines programmed for a Republican win, it will probably not make a lot of difference.
Please Mr. Rudd, do not follow on behind the US blindly as your predecessor did.
We cannot afford any more illegal invasions.
Posted by sarnian, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 4:08:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would agree Sarnian,

Considering their choice of candidates for President and Vice President, the Republican party must be extremely confident in their voting machines.

However if the Democrats did (by some chance) win office, I think it highly likely that the voting machines would be reprogrammed for the next election.

The current political system in the US is the best reason why we should not have electronic voting in this country.
Posted by HRS, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 5:00:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The kid ain't hers.
Posted by bennie, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 5:41:04 PM
Hehe, first we have Chaney, now Sarah Palin. There was me, thinking
things could not get any worse in the USA :)

I'd say that McCain decided that he might not win by conventional
means, so he might take a chance and copy Rove, who got Dubya
over the line with his scheming.

*The only voters Palin will attract are other conservative, evangelistic REPUBLICANS. I cannot see how she would inspire those who have not yet made up their minds,*

Well as Carl Rove showed, its not just about making up their minds,
but about getting them to actually turn up and vote on election day,
that is the secret. He knew how to push the emotional buttons
of the relgious nuts and the trailer park trash, just enough to
give George the extra votes. The rest was history.

I really think that Obama shows great judgement, compared to other
US politicians. If Americans show bad judgement once again in their
choice of leaders, the resulting disaster will be a sad story to
watch. Unfortunately it will affect all of us.
Posted by Yabby, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 5:55:52 PM
This is a politically master stroke on the part of McCain. Palin like a ‘honeycomb’ will attract the feminist swarm of bees, that Senator Clinton stirred up in her campaign, which are discomfited with Obama and fly away from him, to her own beehive. Dare I say Palin, among some of the other nails, one of them being race, will be putting the last nail on the coffin of Obama’s presidential aspirations.

http://avant-gardestrategies.typepad.co
Posted by Themistocles, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 5:57:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A touchingly ingenue approach to American politics. More likely McCain needed a stunt to boost his campaign. Perhaps the author does not remember that lovely ditty from the Idi Amin era: "If you don't want to vanish with a kick up de bum, ya gotta give de population somethin' to hum." How Americans will end up voting on Nov. 4 is still very much an open question. But my bet is Sarah Palin isn't the central issue in voters' minds.
Posted by Scribe, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 7:29:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy