The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sowing feudalism > Comments

Sowing feudalism : Comments

By Evaggelos Vallianatos, published 11/8/2008

'Genetically engineered crops now being grown represent a massive uncontrolled experiment whose outcome is inherently unpredictable.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
"Uneducated, opinionated morons ruining things all the time. Keep it up, guys. This is why the Murray Darling was ruined. You should all be shot."

Now, that's the kind of witty, well-thought-out riposte that makes this forum worth participating in.

I take it that 'ruining things' means 'questioning your unconsidered beliefs'...?
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 11 August 2008 9:08:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I take it that 'ruining things' means 'questioning your unconsidered beliefs'...?"

That's probably the same question posed to people against the introduction of cane toad to Australia.
Posted by Steel, Monday, 11 August 2008 11:53:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge
About this hole in the North Pole:
"I note an American is presently stocking a deep hole in northern Scandinavia with a library of different seed stocks, every different variety he can get his hands on, for this very reason."
Monsanto stocks their GM Seeds as well.
Posted by eftfnc, Tuesday, 12 August 2008 1:40:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For something completely different please check out this site which altogether argues that our natural diet should be entirely plant based and essentially raw, or with the minimum of either cooking and processing. And should certainly not contain the cocktail of toxic chemicals found in most/all canned and packaged processed "foods".

http://www.beyondveg.com

Needless to say, from the perspective that informs this site, most of what is sold as "food" in your local super market is not food in any sense of the word.

Nor are genetically modified "foods" either.

The Instinctive Diet people also argue that even conventional hybrid fruits and vegetables are not really suitable either.

The ideas presented on this site are affirmed by a piece of Wisdom in the Bible re how God gave us the fruits and seeds etc as our food.

Plus http://www.foodnsport.com
Posted by Ho Hum, Tuesday, 12 August 2008 2:31:42 PM
So Steel, despite the ease with which it is possible to demonstrate that Vallianatos had many of his points wrong, you still believe “The premise of this article is entirely factual”. This must be a new meaning of the word factual, one that doesn’t occur in any of my dictionaries?

And if I don’t agree with this “entirely factual” article, I should be taken out and shot. This attitude has so many parallels with totalitarian governments who take their “non-believing” citizens and throw them in jail or shoot them. I won’t bother asking you if you agree with the behaviour of such governments.
Posted by Agronomist, Tuesday, 12 August 2008 8:53:59 PM
I find this essay quite compelling re the inherent feudalism, and altogether bad intentions of those who promote GMO "foods".

And their (as always) desire to avoid the very real possibility of being sued, by consumers who suffer the inevitable dis-eases that such "foods" WILL CREATE somewhere down the line.

It is titled CODEX DESIGNATES GMO's As CONTAMINANTS.

1. http://www.naturalnews.com/023838.html
Posted by Ho Hum, Wednesday, 13 August 2008 7:47:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy