The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Say 'yes' to clean coal, but say 'no' to General Electric > Comments

Say 'yes' to clean coal, but say 'no' to General Electric : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 12/8/2008

Politicians must consider carefully if they want to be in partnerships with companies which prop up our enemies in the Middle East.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Mr. Ariel:

Again, thanks for the opportunity to respond.

It is unfortunate that our Website had some outdated information on Syria. We will make sure that it is updated.

GE is not conducting business in Iran or Syria.

As I stated before, the company will not accept business in these countries except activity that is authorized by the U.S. Government for humanitarian or public policy purposes. As GE was exiting legacy contracts, its policies were fully compliant with all applicable laws at all times.

Please allow me to refer you and your readers to another blog posting that should help clear up why the news outlet you highlighted continues to report and sensationalize our exit from these regions.

http://archive.redstate.com/stories/foreign_affairs/so_tell_me_mr_immelt_why_are_you_killing_american_servicemen

Thanks again,

Jeff DeMarrais
GE
Posted by Jeff DeMarrais, Thursday, 14 August 2008 3:15:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy