The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > More than just a flag > Comments

More than just a flag : Comments

By George Williams, published 11/4/2008

The ACT may have self government but it passes laws that diverge from federal policy at its peril.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I certainly wouldn't want two or three local councils in NSW determining State or National policies of significance. The very though of compulsory interactive solar powered whale and gay friendly recycle bins for childcare centres scares me!

However, in terms of how the ACT ALP is currently operating (NOT) then I think their ambitions of Statehood are already 99% achieved/realised!
Posted by Reality Check, Monday, 28 April 2008 12:16:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I certainly wouldn't want two or three local councils in NSW determining State or National policies of significance. The very though of compulsory interactive solar powered whale and gay friendly recycle bins for childcare centres scares me!

However, in terms of how the ACT ALP is currently operating (NOT) then I think their ambitions of Statehood are already 99% achieved/realised!
Posted by Reality Check, Monday, 28 April 2008 2:13:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy