The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Civil unions in the closet: Rudd bows to the religious right > Comments

Civil unions in the closet: Rudd bows to the religious right : Comments

By Carol Johnson, published 14/2/2008

How would you feel if your government apparently considered your love for your partner problematic, second-rate and shameful?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
TurnRightThenLeft, will number one be my personal all time favourite?

That the god who created the universe gets really upset that gay males waste sperm.

- A universe with something like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in it (http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970115.html) and us with eyes capable of resolving about 5000 of the brighter close ones (http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~gmackie/billions.html).
- A god who's own son was supposedly celebate.
- A god who's churches largest denomination has celebate priests.
- A god who designed human reproductive systems so that when used at capacity only have one sperm used out of millions for each child.

My all time favourite reasons for making life hard for gay males - god does not like sperm to be wasted.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 17 February 2008 4:03:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ha, R0bert, I like your number one better.

No, the number one on the list I found was that gay marriage will cause meteor showers and wipe out life on the planet.

It was from a discussion group satirically entitled 'Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs' in an effort to show how stupidly paranoid most of the reasons raised against it sound.

Regrettably, were I to posit the absurd notion that gay marriage would result in meteor showers, I have a horrible suspicion that a few posters would nod sagely and cite the wrath of god.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Monday, 18 February 2008 1:04:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TurnRightThenLeft, how about Earthquakes?

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/141905

"(IsraelNN.com) MK Shlomo Benizri (Shas) caused a tremor Wednesday when he linked between homosexuality and earthquakes. Benizri addressed the subject in the course of a debate in the Knesset plenum on earthquake readiness.

"I suggest that the Knesset inquire into how it can prevent sodomy and thus save us a lot of earthquakes," Benizri said.

He later explained to a reporter that the Gemara calls earthquakes "zevaot" and teaches that they are caused by a number of things, including male homosexuality. "I therefore suggested that in order to limit the damage from earthquakes, it would be better to make fewer laws that encourage sodomy and other perversions, like adoption of children by lesbians," he said."

I think he was serious.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 23 February 2008 9:00:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy