The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If the cap fits wear it > Comments

If the cap fits wear it : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 23/1/2008

It is a politicised Howard-Federal public service that has run, and continues to try to run, government.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Awwwh heck Bruce, couldn't you be a little more immaginative in your insult?
Posted by keith, Thursday, 24 January 2008 7:16:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Kevin “neither of whom wishes to name himself/herself even now . . I thought OLO had left that style of debate behind.”

Not that it has anything to do with you but I have good reason for not using my own name, which our host, Graham Young is well aware of.

As for the fawning accolades you heap on Bruce Haigh, they seem just “peachy”.

I trust the two of you will be very happy together.

As for talking down to me – I could not give a rats arse.

I am happy to present a polemic to whatever you care to elect and then swap roles and argue in reverse.

Please “bring it all on” but if you expect to “talk down” from your lofty . . . loft,

be prepared for a visceral exchange.

Oh to come back to the civil service and the subset of the diplomatic corp..

The 1853 Northcote Trevelyan report encapsulated the real problem

“Admission into the Civil Service is indeed eagerly sought after, but it is for the unambitious, and the indolent or incapable, that it is chiefly desired.”

Which confirms alot.

Of course to Bruce and his “diplomat in retirement”

An ancient Greek proverb “To deceive a diplomat speak the truth, He has no experience with it”

Regards to the “pot” who called Howard’s kettle “Mendacious”
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 24 January 2008 8:36:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Typical Col Rouge when he says;

"I am happy to present a polemic to whatever you care to elect and then swap roles and argue in reverse."

Col just wants to argue, with no matter who or what for.

He's just a grumpy 'old fart' with nothing better to do than complain about anything and everything - regardless of what is true.
Posted by Q&A, Thursday, 24 January 2008 9:27:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy