The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The passion and enthusiasm of Confucian Asia > Comments

The passion and enthusiasm of Confucian Asia : Comments

By Reg Little, published 17/12/2007

The drive for profit seems to have left the West vulnerable to the superior strategies and subtleties of Confucian administrators.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Great read and as good as your book THE CONFUCIAN DAOIST MILLENNIUM, which I recommend- www.connorcourt.com.au
Posted by Anthony Cappello, Monday, 17 December 2007 10:01:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. What the writer sees as Confucian passion and enthusiasm I see as rampant - and very damaging - capitalism. Indeed, as regards my uni students at least, passion and enthusiasm are two qualities I would never associate with them. As for community welfare...wonder if the writer spent much time with the new generation resulting from the one-child policy? They seem, tragically,completely ignorant of the needs, lives or presence of the wider community - a somewhat worrying phenomenon.
Posted by Romany, Tuesday, 18 December 2007 12:59:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy