The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Will the 'pink vote' finally count? > Comments

Will the 'pink vote' finally count? : Comments

By Andrew Murray, published 9/11/2007

Will anyone lose or gain a seat on their anti-gay or pro-gay stance?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The homosexual lobby and its supporters are not even honest enough to have the health risks stated as a result of their chosen behaviour. Infectous diseases are rife among the homosexuals due to their unhealthy practices. They then have the audacity to question clear Scriptural authority. They along with fornicators, adulterers, liars and hypocrites can and do receive mercy and forgiveness when they turn from their sin. Why vote for a death culture that is destructive to society?
Posted by runner, Sunday, 11 November 2007 8:57:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
boaz, zahira, runner... you're doing this debate quite a service by exposing the weakness of the opposing arguments.

As another poster pointed out, boaz's post was rambling all over the place. We're not discussing paedophilia here boaz.

Guess what? Statutory rape is illegal - and that's generally between men and women, so the age issue is bulldust.

So's animals. I don't care what you say, you can talk about moral relativism all you want, but the argument's stupid. You're not going to get that.

zahira pops up with the old 'Oh no! The Bible said it's wrong!" which is repeated by runner.

Fortunately the rest of us don't give a damn. Follow your bible by all means, but leave the rest of us alone.

zahira, if you want to talk leviticus, then any men who sleep with their wives during menstruation should be exiled or put to death. That's just crap, I'm afraid.

I do wish christians would get over these sex issues. Why they think this is any of their business is beyond me.

All I see here is a whole lot of hot air peppered with religious rhetoric. How about something tangible to back your case?
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Sunday, 11 November 2007 11:10:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The bible was written by, about, and for a semitic tribe which faced extinction. All the rules contained therein - and attributed to god - are simply pragmatic methods of ensuring survival and include, predictably, prohibition of non-procreative sex.

Biblical injunctions against homosexuality are no more relevant today than making a carcass kosher or halal by draining the blood, which, coincidentally, eliminates most of the micro-organisms that cause disease.

Get a fridge, let people live their own lives, and join us in the 21st century.
Posted by Sancho, Sunday, 11 November 2007 1:43:48 PM
JPW “if you argue that homosexuals deserve fewer rights than heterosexuals then of course you are being homophobic.”
Exactly. I’ve also come across people who think women should not have the right to make choices regarding their fertility, yet feel insulted when one calls them misogynists.
Some homophobes think they are not homophobic because they argue that their opinion is justified. They cannot see that only homophobics would try to justify such opinion.

Boaz “Hence in Holland.. there is a political party ADVOCATING child sex as 'ok'.”
So what? This paedo party (PNVD) did not get enough support to be able participate in the elections. In a democracy, anyone should be able to try to get a political party off the ground. The main aim of that paedo-party is to lower the age of sexual consent from 16 to 12 years of age. They argue that children of 12 these days are mature enough to vote and make their own decisions including whether to have sex or not.
Boaz, the media (especially in the USA) have made a big thing out of the fact that a couple of pedophiles launched this party; in Holland it is common that a myriad of parties try to get off the ground before an election- the vast majority of these wanna-be parties do not make it to the election.
Democracy gets rid of such parties, so would anarchy. We do not need so-called Christian morals from a book to tell people how to behave.

Phanto et al Homosexual couples are perfectly capable of raising children.
If heterosexual couples were exclusively able to be good parents then why do they make a mess of it? There are so many abuse/neglect cases that it overwhelms DOCS and all the foster-parents homes.

Pericles, your post is priceless; I struggle to understand why Christians lecture OTHERS about not adhering to the words in the Bible while THEY just cherry-pick things they agree with and reject the rest.

Take Sancho's advice: join us in the 21st century.
Posted by Celivia, Sunday, 11 November 2007 2:56:43 PM
Hi all, I do have something solid on which to back my case, and that is the Law and Guidelines of GOD. I don't base my lifestyle on sin and perversity. I will agree that some Christian religions are selective about what they read from the bible. My faith believes in the bible from the 1st verse of the first chapter of Genesis right to the last verse of the last chapter of Revelation. We don't pick and chose what we what out of it. God has said very clearly what he thinks of homosexuality and thats quite good enough for me. I am in the 21st Century, but also I'm a 21st Century Christian reading and working from a relevant instruction manual - the King James Bible.
Posted by zahira, Monday, 12 November 2007 12:53:53 AM
zahira: "I am in the 21st Century, but also I'm a 21st Century Christian reading and working from a relevant instruction manual - the King James Bible"

Poor thing. Imagine trying to live life in the 21st century with a collection of bronze age myths and legends as your "instruction manual".
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 12 November 2007 6:39:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy