The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Forgotten Australians ask us: what sort of country are we really? > Comments

The Forgotten Australians ask us: what sort of country are we really? : Comments

By Angela Sdrinis, Richard Hil and Nick Rose, published 7/11/2007

If compassion for those in need is an 'Australian value', we must give our attention to those who suffered abuse in institutional care.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Australian Criminal Plight
(1)

The picture of social oppression in Australia exposes ‘farce & hypocrisy’. The elites of the country might take offence in this comment. Yet ‘Intellectual Savagery’ needs to be highlighted.

Let me refer to social worker of WA-Elizabeth Sorrensen who used to have ‘children at her heart'. Acute cases of regular child sex abuse in institutions were referred to her. She was a familiar figure of PMH & SRC (Seniors’ Recreation Council, Department of Education of WA. Denis Martin is the principal officer).

The links lead to some Australian broadcasters, UWA Research Leaders, & others. Naturally Fiona Stanley(Telethon Institute)& of http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/portal_memberdata/praeger would support ‘mandatory reporting system, WA'.
Barry Cable's mother Margot Fitzpatrick (COTA, and nominated senior of the year-1997-8?), “Polly” Farmer's mother were ordained as priests(St. Georges Terrace Cathedral Anglican Church, Perth-Joyce Polson & Ellen Newman). These lead to well-known figures(Gov/ NGOS, UN bodies).

Above footballers of multiple IDs (mining, http://www.maths.uwa.edu.au/portal_memberdata/praeger & http://law.wustl.edu/Faculty/index.asp?id=748)& their associates, (1998-2000) were engaged in the crimes.
The recent media in connection with www.abc.net.au/.../2007/08/15/2005853.htm refers to Ms Zampilas (Dr. Pam Sharpe of www.postgraduate.uwa.edu.au?), with probable link to Dr. Fiona Stanley, Mrs. Hayward of Telethon Institute, and to Mr. Hayward (Business Franchise Manager of Real Estate Institute?) Cheryl & one Chinese woman (limp) took the franchise of KUMAN INSTITUTE ( Anglican Church, Kelmscott, WA), the crime spot and linked to Challis Pre-primary school, Armadale. The then Liberal minister Rhonda Parker (Family & Children Service, WA) stood down because she purchased six Christmas Gifts out of tax payers’ fund. One of the children confirmed six of them were selected for video session (Challis Pre-Primary School).

Graham “Polly” Farmer (Footballer) ID Charlie Wilson-Clarke (a reporter of The West Australian) advertised for a SCHOLARSHIP TEST for admission into St. Hilda’s Anglican School. Six students got it (2004-5?). This leads to the IDs of people who visited Southern India (mineral venture). Who are Joy Shepherd & Quansing Rowlands? And how do they link to http://valleyva.com/data/view_users.php ?

What is the significant role, to this regard, played by FBI?
Posted by sm, Wednesday, 7 November 2007 5:04:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sm. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get your post to make sense. What is it exactly you are trying to say.
Posted by Jolanda, Wednesday, 7 November 2007 7:59:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FrankGol, thank you for giving those references, a few posts earlier, to some of the good work being done these days.

Fencepost.
Posted by Fencepost, Wednesday, 7 November 2007 9:29:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a great deal of highly emotive language in this article and in some of the comments. It is obvious that many people suffered in these institutions but objectively speaking what is the difference between institutionalised abuse and non-institutionalised abuse?

The same level of abuse existed in many families and I would suggest that a great deal more than 500,000 people have been affected to the same extent. A government has a duty of care towards all of the country’s children and not just those who are more directly under its control in its institutions. This is why it sets up DOCS and welfare agencies to protect children from abusive parents. These groups did not exist in the era of the institutions that are the subject of this article

The government has moved on in recent decades and has worked towards humanising or completely eliminating these institutions. It has also begun to deal more caringly in regard to children abused in the home.

If the government needs to say ‘sorry’ to these ‘forgotten Australians’ then it also needs to say sorry to all those other Australians who were abused behind the closed doors of suburban homes. If taxpayers have to pay compensation for every child ever abused it will surely send the nation bankrupt. It is totally impractical to make these demands on governments and it is often a sign that the individual has not moved on with their life. Sure, feel the anger and sadness to the very core of your being but if it is impossible to achieve justice then you have no choice but to let it go or else you will always be a victim.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 7 November 2007 11:10:02 PM
LISTEN and DOING SOMETHING TO HELP PROBLEM SOLVE COUNTS, is that what you are saying SM?

"...social oppression in Australia exposes ‘farce & hypocrisy’. .... ‘Intellectual Savagery’ needs to be highlighted. "

I think I do know what you are getting at in your outline.

I expressed the adversity in a United Nations Forum. Scroll-Down to second entry.

http://esaconf.un.org/WB/default.asp?action=9&boardid=39&read=2427&fid=424

The so called "Human Services" no matter which department are (often) either ignorant or so "numbed-out" - having NO COMMUNITY RESOURCES/powerless to refer, allocate, present... that they leave those needing "strategic" intergrated assistance, OUT COLD.

Tonite I heard a essay read by Frank Quinlan

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/perspective/stories/2007/2081997.htm#transcript

I thank ALL these authors who are working hard IN reality.

I think it is called working to "civilise society"?

Just today, I was insulted AGAIN by a new regional doctor who I tried to ask to help "bridge the gap" - build capacity on local community resources. Ignorant, young and handsome. This man, like the young resident doctor projects such discrimination, it is a knock-out.

Ya gotta grin and bare it. Ya gotta just keep telling it how it is. Ya gotta keep quoting those who get it right and work through them, one at a time....

EFFECTIVE-CULTURAL/ACCOUNTABILIY is what I mean by ADMINISTARTION REFORM.

My TRUE fear in Western society is that as we go public-private through services, that the HUMAN FACE will be stripped completely from the public system. Prevention of any kind needs public-private integrated servicing... YET when will we in Australia get-it?

We Promote BLANK CHEQUES TO ALL THOSE CLINICAL?

I have been engaged with Community and in Village Health in South Africa, Nepal, Vietnam, NZ, Central NSW, the NT and now Cape York. I have shoot films on the workers, citizens/politicans focusing on Human conditions in many cultures and; I am SHOCKED Australia.

How to you say FIRST CLASS COLONIALISM in ENGLISH?

How do you discribe STRUCTURAL VIOLENCE if you haven't experienced it?

This is something UNIVERSITY and BUSINESS SCHOOL CAN'T TEACH YOU.

IT is in the SOUL that investigates that's missing from work.

http://www.miacat.com
Posted by miacat, Wednesday, 7 November 2007 11:17:11 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI TO ALL FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS THEIR ARE STILL MANY OF US STILL ALIVE AND SURVING IN A SUFFERING WAY BY WHAT WE HAD SUFFERED AT THE HANDS OF THE GOVERMENT EMPLOYEES OF THESE INSTITUTIONS AND D.O.C.S ARE RESPONSABLE , WE ARE ARE NOT GIVING OUR FIGHT UP FOR JUSTICE AND AS TO SOME POST IVE BEEN READING THEIR ARE SOME OUT THEIR TELLING US TO GET ON WITH LIFE , WELL LISTEN HEAR YOU HIPPERCRITTS, OUR WELFARE OF SAFETY WAS ABUSED BY PEDOPHILES THAT THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT EMPLOYED IN THESE AUSTRALIAN RUN INSTITUTIONS, ORPHANAGES,GIRLS HOMES, BOYS HOMES,REMAND CENTRES, FOSTER HOMES, OUT OF HOME CARE, AND ARE RESPONSABLE FOR THE PUBLIC WHO D.O.C.S HAVE BEEN INFORMED ABOUT , WE SEE WHAT HAPPEND TO THE LITTLE GIRL THAT DIED RECENTLY, SHE HER SELF IS A FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIAN AS ITS THE WELFARE OF THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT THAT WE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS WERE BEING CARED BY , SO ADMITT THE TRUTH MR HOWARD MR RUDD OR ANY OTHER POLITICIAN AS WE DO NOT WANT ANYMORE LIVES LOST SPECIALLY AT AGE 7 , KIND REGARDS MICHEAL ,ALSO WE ARE THE VICTIMS WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS AND STILL SUFFER, THESE INSTITUTIONS WERE RUN BY D.O.C.S OF WHICH IS THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERMENT ,THEY ARE RESPONSABLE AND KNOW IT IS THE TRUTH OF WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO US FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS AND STILL TODAY ARE COVERING UP ALL THE ABUSE WE SUFFERED, OUR INNOCENES WERE STOLEN FROM US BY PEDOPHILES AND PEOPLE WHO DID AS THEY PLEASED FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE ,WE WERE TO BE LOOKED AFTER NOT RAPED AND ABUSED AND I SPEAK OF THE TRUTH AND WHAT OCCURRED AND WHAT WAS DONE TO ME AND OF WHAT I SEEN OF MANY OTHER CHILDREN SUFFER WE WERE TOLD TO SHUT UP ,WELL WE WON'T SHUT UP NO MORE , WELL I WON'T BE ANYWAY,TAKE CARE FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS AND GOD BLESS FOR THOSE WHO ARE NO LONGER WITH US KIND REGARDS MICHEAL EX DARUK BOYS HOME BOY THAT WAS RAPED AND ABUSED BY 2 PEDOPHILES THAT WORKED AT DARUK BOYS HOME SO TO YOU HIPPERCRITTS --UCK OFF
Posted by huffnpuff, Thursday, 8 November 2007 4:37:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy