The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The WTO - a force for good > Comments

The WTO - a force for good : Comments

By Felicity McMahon, published 20/9/2007

When an anti-free trade, anti-capitalist agenda is pushed the World Trade Organization often gets badly misrepresented.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Spot on Bushbred!

Rhian, very interesting.

It is common on forums deliberately not to 'hear' what others have written. It is equally common to cut/paste their quotes and then respond with our own interpretation and views.

It is unusual to actually "quote" what was NOT said.

I see little point in making statements and then having you quote them back to me; in YOUR words.

I am not going to come up with links to prove my point. In every case such links are put forward so obviously to support the view of their promoter. Alternative links are then provided to prove the opposite by the opposing party! Par for the course.

There is another reason/s why I don't and won't do it. I have neither the time, inclination or bluntly; even the talent for such an exercise.

So; let me say this. I can and will form an opinion based on fact (as I perceive it); life experience; other opinions...; you name it;-as can you......,OK.

The WTO is a massively powerful organisation that is in existence for control and influence. It is there for the benefit of its most powerful members. Poorer nations have little option but to jump up on the bandwagon.

No amount of your link-loaded and somewhat condescending style of posting will convince to change my view. (And vice versa I have little doubt).

I note that you do like to calmly persist in proving that you are correct. So please do go ahead. I will not join in a long drawn out and polarised discussion with you. It's a wasted exercise for all concerned.
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 22 September 2007 3:31:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy