The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Haneef: another blow for civil liberties? > Comments

Haneef: another blow for civil liberties? : Comments

By Ellen Goodman, published 31/8/2007

The Haneef case was an unscrupulous use of a matter involving a person’s personal liberty for propaganda purposes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
I'm sorry, at what point did Haneef lie to the QLD Health Department to get his job? There has been no accusation that he did anything like that.

The other doctor was the one who fluffed his CV, not Haneef.
Posted by James Purser, Friday, 31 August 2007 4:56:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have read the reported court case carefully.

There is no suggestion that Dr Haneef misrepresented his qualifications for the position that he accepted at the Gold Coast hospital.

ellen goodman
Posted by Seneca, Friday, 31 August 2007 8:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are there no sick people in India who need a doctor?

Is that why Haneef wants to come here.
Posted by ozzie, Saturday, 1 September 2007 9:57:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FRANKGOL... I noted your comments about my 'unethical' post.. in another thread. I disagree that it was unethical... I gave my point of view, so why was it unethical ?

Here is food for thought... it has a connection to the Haneef case, though indirectly, I'd be interested in your assessment of this material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiC6KVBZUk "We will rule the world"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mC66AiT-DI "Islam will rule the world"

In English, a muslim youth leaders says

"You will TAKE OVER UK, you will TAKE OVER USA, you will TAKE OVER EUROPE" etc...

Now..if these were just some crackpot marginal idiots we would not think twice about it.. but it is a theme coming from all quarters.

Haneef is just a small speck of dust on tooth on a gear of a big machine, but given the extreme nature of the material presented above, which is from Arab TV..... it is clear that our national security agents and the AFP must leave no stone unturned.

The biggest danger to our security is not any Islamic threat in itself, but a stupid and naive clinging to the outmoded idea of human rights in a time of actual war. (i.e. now)

When I watched Greg Barns, Rob Starry and company attacking the police evidence at the committal hearing for the 13 melbourne terrorism suspects, I could not believe my eyes/ears.. they were not in the slightest bit interested in what the evidence was saying, they were ONLY interested in finding a technical or procedural loophole by which to discredit the evidence as it stood.. and they did it all with straight faces.

Now..to my mind this is tantamount to treachery.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 1 September 2007 10:07:51 AM
John Howard is a hypocrite.

Any man who wears a 'bullet proof' vest for his own protection and then denies the same protection to a service station attendant etc who is in the front line, so to speak, is an out and out hypocrite.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 September 2007 12:28:11 PM
foxy dude is a proto-democrat. i wish there were more.

oz has never had civil liberties, except in the same way sheep in a paddock have. now the 'graziers' are getting tougher, a consequence of globalization: the pollies are beginning to realize their only limits of power are tradition, not law. it is becoming clear to them that they can do a lot more with their power to enhance and secure their position.

traditions are malleable, and no protection to individuals who make themselves inconvenient to government.
Posted by DEMOS, Saturday, 1 September 2007 1:29:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy