The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Where the bloody hell are you, Julia Gillard? > Comments

Where the bloody hell are you, Julia Gillard? : Comments

By Alexander Deane, published 24/8/2007

The absence of a politician from the campaign can be just as much a story as their performance in it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I am absolutely amazed at most of the subs on this subject. If that's all you can carry on about Julia Gillard, she is a hands down winner.

Why is it that women in power are always attacked for their appearance, raspy voice, msrried/unmarried, children/no children etc.

I think we owe the Julia's of this world a debt of gratitude -
Good on you Julia, my vote for Julia would be for Prime Minister.
Posted by MARVAL, Friday, 24 August 2007 3:55:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually you see very little of anyone in the Opposition apart from Kevin. When you do see them they make brief and limited statements. Kevin is dead scared of letting them say too much - perhaps because they have nothing of substance to say.
That may sound right wing but the air time and column inches devoted to this mob would seem to prove my point, at least here in South Australia. Is it different elsewhere?
Come to that our Julia went to high school here, Unley High School no less. That's not too far from here and she still isn't getting much publicity locally - guess she is seen as a liability but Kevin knows he only get there with her support...wish KB was still around...a much nicer man all round.
Posted by Communicat, Friday, 24 August 2007 4:08:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Please note that my article did not touch on any of the personal criticisms under discussion.

My questions about Julia Gillard are PERFORMANCE based - that she's hiding (or being hidden) from the public debate. She has been venturing out less and less ever since she made a hash of Medicare Gold, but now it's just a joke. As I say, I see no reason for that absence from the front line, other than that there are real concerns about her performance in the ALP.

This is unabashed and unvarnished criticism - but it's not personal.
Posted by Alexander Deane, Friday, 24 August 2007 4:10:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alexander,

Its good to see an article that treats a female politician as just another politician. I get a little ticked when people insist on making bitchy (and there is really no other way to put it) comments rather than tackling the person and the ideas.
Posted by James Purser, Friday, 24 August 2007 4:21:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My My getting desperate are we,just another Liberal hack without anything intelligent to say,judging by the amount of articles this clod and his female counterpart have been putting out the gravy train must be running out of steam.
Go get a day job son one that you work at cause I think it will be a long while before you get a Govt job
Posted by j5o6hn, Friday, 24 August 2007 5:00:54 PM
I keep saying this, but if tou get rid of all the corrupt,bad hair day pollies, who is going to run this place?
I must admit it would take a thicker skin than mine to do it.
Hang on, how much did you say the pay was?
Posted by Goddess, Friday, 24 August 2007 5:02:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy