The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The great federal land grab > Comments

The great federal land grab : Comments

By Jennifer Clarke, published 14/8/2007

Non-Indigenous Australians would not tolerate the routine sacrifices of property rights required of Aborigines.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Wow,
this is the best article I have read in here on any subject. Keep writing Jeniffer!
and the comments echo my sentiments as well as inform me more than I knew before. Brilliant you people. Now how to we get these truths so popular that the govt will crawl off it's host like a salted leech?
and bring back The National Times... Brian Toohey and the gang.. I'm Impressed
Posted by neilium, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 5:49:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Geez James.. Land has EVERYTHING to do with the social problems with indigenous communities... like this mate " IT'S THEIR LAND' ok? but we have it... us le blancs gubba's white honkeys... whatever you brand yourself, we took it.. see, ring ring....
I get the familiar feeling that I'm wasting my time but mate.. read A few books by Prof. Henry Reynolds... please. our basic education history subject has a lot missing still apparently.
Cheers Neil
Posted by neilium, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 6:07:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Umm nope, we gave it back to them. Remember Mabo?

They have title over the land, taking it back off them is not going to fix the problems. Providing services, police and work will.
Posted by James Purser, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 6:46:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In the overall agenda it is not only a land grab, it is also a water grab. The Minister for the Environment, the republican and anti Royalist meglamaniac: Malcolm Turnbull, wants to centralize control of all rivers and waterways in Canberra. They want it all controlled by one body.

This Government is not a "small Government" business, it is a "Large Government" Polit-buro type Stalincocracy.

They are far too right wing to be pro farmer and pro small business, they are ONLY for pro power for the powerful and that is all.

Clearly, in the name of democracy and ordinary people, they have to go.
Posted by saintfletcher, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 9:42:03 PM
This shameless land grab and destruction of civil rights for aboriginal communities illustrates yet again just how wicked and shameless our political leaders are.
Posted by billie, Tuesday, 14 August 2007 10:49:21 PM
actually billie, it demonstrates how spineless and ignorant the oz electorate is. if you support polly rule, this is what you get.

james, land rights are fundamental. allowing brown people to control their tribal lands is the 1st step to self determination. without it they are clients of the government, perpetual beggars.
Posted by DEMOS, Wednesday, 15 August 2007 7:17:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy