The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Would you like a job with that? > Comments

Would you like a job with that? : Comments

By Trish Bolton, published 1/8/2007

In a brave Orwellian world of key selection criteria a wealth of diversity, creativity, intelligence and niceness is being lost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Except if you're applying for leadership positions, let me add:

"I will be docile and submissive. I will work overtime for nothing, while you figuratively screw me out of my holiday pay and penalties. I will accede to any of your demand regardless of how unreasonable it may be. I understand that the end justifies the means, and the business and employer shall have unfettered freedom to exploit and pillage. The trail of [social, cultural, economic or environmental] destruction can always be cleaned up by government or NGO's. I am your sycophantic drone for hire. I will not complain if I"m bullied or abused."
Posted by Inner-Sydney based transsexual, indigent outcast progeny of merchant family, Wednesday, 1 August 2007 11:32:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once you have attained a certain age the game is over.
If having to learn the Y-gen newspeak is a part of surviving in this environment then I'd rather not.
Instead, I am embarking on my own endeavour to restore common sense, traditional values of good old-fashioned Customer Service.
At the end of the day I will be the winner and a proud one.
Who's with me?
Posted by Goddess, Wednesday, 1 August 2007 1:00:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's new? Some years back the United Nations designated another International Year. It was largely the result of a decade of hard work of one of our fellow Australians that the UN made the designation.
Australia then sets up the Secretariat for the Year here and our fellow Australian applies to run the Secretariat - does not even get called for interview. Makes inquiries as to why not and gets told that they don't have a broad enough outlook on the problem involved.
Our fellow Australian has been out of full time paid employment ever since. Everyone agrees that it is shocking but noone is prepared to employ her. She has been quietly informed that she showed too much initiative and that being a woman (to say nothing of being a woman with a disability and the nerve to have excellent academic qualifications) she is just plain unacceptable in the job market. In this case we have one hell of a lot to answer for.
We guys have a hard enough time for someone like her it is made just plain impossible.
This is society at work...we're on the scrapheap at 40
Posted by Communicat, Wednesday, 1 August 2007 3:25:59 PM
Great article.

And not only are older women with initiative, intelligence, disabilities and excellent academic qualifications being excluded by the "merit" selection process -

the psychopaths are doing just fine.

In the past few days I have been re-reading an "investigation report" written in response to a complaint that I made six years ago that I was being bullied by a workplace psychopath.

The report was written by someone I respected and trusted absolutely.

It is a disgusting mess of falsehoods.

This person is hugely respected in my community and every day he goes home to a wife and children who love him, knowing that six years ago he lied about another human being and destroyed their health and their career.

How does he live with himself? Easily, I suppose.

We are "merit selecting" people who are morally damaged.

http://www.badapplebullies.com/investigations.htm
Posted by Dealing With The Mob, Thursday, 2 August 2007 9:33:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy