The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Men die for other men, not for God > Comments

Men die for other men, not for God : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 24/7/2007

It is unfortunate that God cannot speak to expose the conmen who slaughter innocents in his name.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
The proposition that God is somehow simultaneously omnipotent and helpless is confusing to this little atheist.

>>It is unfortunate that God cannot speak for himself to expose those conmen who slaughter innocent creatures in his name. I wish he could.<<

According to others on this Forum, God has performed some pretty neat tricks in his time, both off his own bat when Moses was around, and subsequently through Jesus.

So what exactly is preventing him from withholding some power from the bad guys, and beefing up the defences of the good guys?

How about reaching out with a pair of celestial pliers to defuse the suicide bomber's explosives, just before he blows up a few more innocent women and children?

How about a small vision or two, appearing behind the dais of the preacher in the process of inflaming a mob to wreak murderous havoc on their neighbour, and wagging an admonishing finger?

Am I missing something here?
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 30 July 2007 5:56:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles
No I think you have just about got it covered.
Here Here - We second that motion.
Well said!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 12 August 2007 6:40:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy