The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rachel Carson: too successful for her own legacy > Comments

Rachel Carson: too successful for her own legacy : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 28/5/2007

In the same way Al Gore and Tim Flannery are today warning of a climate crisis, as far back as 1945 Rachel Carson was warning of the dangers of pesticides, particularly DDT.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
alanpoi, could you tell me how the problem was manageable?
Posted by Richard Castles, Wednesday, 30 May 2007 6:48:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great posts.
Jennifer you have done this before. You put out a piece of provocative rubbish, you get jumped on and you claim to have been misrepresented.
I don't get it, the information is out there why don't you use it?
Anyway who am I to spoil what remains of your fun, your useby date is drawing ever closer.
Bruce Haigh
Posted by Bruce Haigh, Wednesday, 30 May 2007 7:47:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The locals had been living with malaria for centuries, now since DDT was sprayed all over the place, the mozzies developed resistance it is worse than ever, it affected non locals worse than locals, that probably why it was decided to try to eradicate it, if it only affected black, brown and yellow people nothing would have been done about it.
That is only my opinion I could be wrong, I think that is why we have a big panic about SARS, it is non discrimitry there are worse things than malaria and SARS affecting the Third World but they only affect the Third World, so we don't have to worry about them upsetting our lovely little middle class existance.
Posted by alanpoi, Wednesday, 30 May 2007 11:00:32 PM
Bruce Haigh, perhaps you could tell us your definition of a nasty chemical?
Posted by Richard Castles, Thursday, 31 May 2007 1:49:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy