The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The debate is far from over > Comments

The debate is far from over : Comments

By Ben-Peter Terpstra, published 24/5/2007

The media fuel children’s insecurities with more doom and gloom prophecies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Richard Castles wrote:"You didn't mention, Liam, that cancer is now the leading cause of death because of a reduction in deaths from heart disease and stroke. Thanks for the link to the full story."

Cardiovascular disease deaths falling, as are cancer death rates, but cancer incidence is rising - so please ignore BT & RC's uninformed opinions.

"Cancer death rates in Australia are low compared to other developed countries, but cancer incidence rates are relatively high, according to a new report released today by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW).
Cancer in Australia 2001 shows that, excluding skin cancers, the Australian incidence rate for cancer was 18% higher than the average for 'more developed' countries for males, and 28% higher for females, in 2000. The rates, while the same as in the USA, were lower than in New Zealand, but up to 10% higher than in Canada and much higher than in the United Kingdom-36% higher for males and 19% higher for females.
http://www.aihw.gov.au/mediacentre/2004/mr20041215a.cfm
Posted by Liam, Tuesday, 29 May 2007 3:41:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You say I am uninformed, Liam, yet my comment only referred to your statement and the link you provided. So who is it who is 'uninforming' me? A case of self-entrapment I'd say.
Posted by Richard Castles, Wednesday, 30 May 2007 3:38:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fine Richard, but i come here to swap views and information not play 'gotcha' word games.
Posted by Liam, Thursday, 31 May 2007 9:22:20 PM
Gotcha.
Posted by Richard Castles, Friday, 1 June 2007 3:09:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy