The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Your ABC: proudly brought to you by your sponsors? > Comments

Your ABC: proudly brought to you by your sponsors? : Comments

By Jill Greenwell, published 21/5/2007

The prohibition on advertising protects the distinctive qualities of the ABC - credibility and trust.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Edward Carson, I agree with your sentiments when you say you are “always amused by the lengths the defenders of the ABC go to claim it is not biased”. Edward, I know how you feel; but, unlike you, I am not amused. These ABC-lovers go to such lengths, even so far as to quote facts, poor demented people.

Everyone knows what we ABC-phobes know without the need to go looking for facts. Facts…crikey, what’s next! Is there no end to their treachery? Australia has too much of this sort of fact thing. It’s totally un-Australian, if you ask me, Edward old chap.

I overheard one of these left-wingers say just now that the 7 pm ABC News had 1.078 million viewers last night. You see how dangerous these facts can be? Let’s get rid of the ABC News before that commy weather reader gets any more traction. You’ll notice how his weather always come from the left of screen? Never any balance. It wouldn’t hurt anyone if we had some weather from the right every now and then, would it now - that's a fact?

As you say, Edward, it’s not just a matter of proof of bias - but the very appearance of bias that matters. And we know bias when we see the appearance of it. Pass me the Telegraph, there’s a good chappie, I'm dying to see what Piers has dreamed up today. Sound chap, Piers.
Posted by FrankGol, Wednesday, 23 May 2007 4:55:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tired of the apathy.

Why is it in our "Fair-Go" Aussie mentality we always make HUMANITY itself sound like it needs defending or the under-dog or like a complete looser.

My opinion on Liberalism in Australia is that it has lost the "liberal" part that we as citizens in all centries previous argued and fought for.

Today - we are a country where the minority is LIBERAL and the LIBERAL vote is part of the Federal National Party, a party I believe is now disempowered because Liberal and National party objectives are spades a part. The National Party today has more to do with the Greens than the capital "L" in Liberal, when it comes to the real protection of National resources.

I don't think it is a coincidence that some media people are joining politics.

Why?

'Politics of Everyday Life' has to be a real part of what we 'vote to accept' and therefore adopt.

Politics is not hard if you aim it at people.

Where our local politics is wanning is - it has created a tower above its own office of the people (unfortunately). One ensuring a practice of 'alienation' through party practices that "clone" and protects itself from being "political" as meaning something to people in their own realities ie: Common Songs of the Street... "don't talk to me about politics... I don't wanna know!"

I believe this is the saddest thing occurring to modern day Australia and to the future of Australians.

Power if you mean to have it in a democracy must allow its dissemination to occur from where ever it is sought.

Most journalists know this... as media like the government must reflect the ways of a civic audience... a social mob made up of many diverse forms of governance and potential self governance.

Those of us concerned about "forms of talk" and our free speech dwindling, Social Cultures and or the degree of Opressions current (A politics out of touch with itself) are forced to "come out" and learn to try and promote a need for more BALANCE.

http://www.miacat.com/
Posted by miacat, Saturday, 26 May 2007 4:16:55 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy