The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Reality TV - SBS style > Comments

Reality TV - SBS style : Comments

By Branko Miletic, published 8/5/2007

SBS, the multicultural broadcaster, has been locked in a dark game of undermining some of the very people it was created to represent.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Dear Leigh and Emma,

The problems with SBS is not about bias nor multiculturalism-- it is about accountability, management and government control.

As for you Emma Dawson, my article gave plenty of evidence-- and in fact I would need another 10000 words to really show what SBS has been up to....some of the things I said were quite chilling, but hey, for you to admit that, you would need to see past your rose-coloured view of the world.

Am I biased?...maybe...but hey I DONT GET TAX DOLLARS, now do I?..I am a private citizen--- and I do NOT have a Government Charter that I have to adhere to, now do I?

People like you Emma are really part of the problem. My motives are are not relevant-- the question is am I telling the truth?......and if the answer is yes, well then, what IS YOUR REAL MOTIVE?

You mention both Nigel Milan and Sasha Uzunov- some time ago, Mr. Uzunov sent an email to Nigel Milan about an incident that ocurred in 1990, when a couple of film buyers for SBS were actually bribed by a foreign government to buy certain filsm. In his response Nigel Milan actually implied that thsi event actually DID happen, but that it was so long ago before his time as the MD etc, etc.......this , Ms. Dawson IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!

The fact is that SBS has an obligation to adhere to its Charter - and not to engage in petty games, amatuer sociology and to spread disinformation and basically defecate on the very people it claims to represent.

If a journalist cant report the truth, then he should try another career-- an no amount of psuedo-shock, horror and surprise by the likes of you can change that.

As for your claims of my motives and bias-- open any newspaper and tell me if 90% of articles do not have an angle or bias behind them-- what are you saying-- that only certain ethnic groups are allowed to be baised whilst not others?

B.
Posted by Branko, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 7:27:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for your comments Emma Dawson, agree that Branko has presented no dramatic evidence here. If he has unearthed real corruption by some staff then Great, go to the police and follow it up. But doing a Pontius Pilate is a core function of management, i'm not even mildly surprised if they fobbed off bad news from the past.

Have to admit i read article hoping it was on the rapid decline in SBS News, which i think is now worse than ABC and bumping on commercial tv level. I suppose once the barbarians had f**ked over ABC sufficiently they realised how SBS showed them up. Can't have a properly informed electorate now can we? Especially not regarding Israels murderous repression of Palestinians, Israeli Arabs, and the Lebanese, or the terrorism we're forcing with our Endless War for Oil. All such topics are taboo for the infantile muppets on Australian screens.
Posted by Liam, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 10:07:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh, never mind Emma Dawson. Multiculturalist zealots like her are so intent on imposing their own warped ideology they will take no notice of the what the majority of Australians want.

Read Ms. Dawson's nauseating OLO article "Bring a plate, barrack for the team" if you need a pertinent example of her pernicious multicultural delusions. According to Ms. Dawson, preserving Australia’s Western culture, history and traditions is cultural imperialism. Recognising our predominately Anglo-Celtic heritage is blatant racism. Encouraging social cohesion and shared national identity is an imposition on migrant minorities.

Considering her captivation with the cult of the minority, it is therefore unsurprising that Ms. Dawson would so vehemently defend the propaganda machine of the multicultural industry.
Posted by Oligarch, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 10:23:45 PM
It seems I have to go slow for the dummies from both sides of the political spectrum.

OK... here goes, my 7 pillars of public broadcasting-

#1 Journalism is about reporting the facts

#2 Good journalism is about reporting all of the facts truthfully

#3 If you receive public funds, you must adhere to the rules set out by the government

#4 If you claim to be representing a certain sector of society, then do so without fear nor favour.

#5 If caught breaking the law, take the punishment and dont hide behind a whole heap of public service babel.

#6 Do not take info/bribes/services from foriegn regimes- especially those with Amnesty International records as long as a country mile.

#7 Do not hire people with murky connections.

Now I trust everyone understands this - inlcuding those mental midgets that define themselves as being either 'Left' or 'Right' wing.
Posted by Branko, Tuesday, 8 May 2007 11:01:26 PM
If SBS is biased then the other commercial stations are equally so. I think the point here is that there is no such thing as perfect objectivity, which is why SBS acts as a great counterbalance to 7, 9 and 10.

More important than the integrity of any one given station is the need to have access to a wide range of perspectives. Even those who dislike SBS must recognise the importance of alternatives to mainstream thought.
Posted by spendocrat, Wednesday, 9 May 2007 9:17:19 AM
If SBS is biased then the other commercial stations are equally so. I think the point here is that there is no such thing as perfect objectivity, which is why SBS acts as a great counterbalance to 7, 9 and 10.

More important than the integrity of any one given station is the need to have access to a wide range of perspectives. Even those who dislike SBS must recognise the importance of alternatives to the mainstream.
Posted by spendocrat, Wednesday, 9 May 2007 9:17:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy