The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stoned stupidity > Comments

Stoned stupidity : Comments

By Greg Barns, published 18/4/2007

The war against drugs is simply a scandalous waste of money, resources and lives.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
Nice one Johnburns, couldn't agree more.

Is there a link to somewhere that we can join to lend our support to decriminalisation? Also, I was disinclined to wade through that massive treaty that you posted a link to, what is the gist?

cheers
Posted by stickman, Thursday, 31 May 2007 11:45:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Burns, Stickman,

I agree too. Please tell me where I can go to take direct action. I am willing and able to contribute my time and energies to promoting the cause to end this insane policy of prohibition.

I am a paid member of Family and Friends For Drug Law Reform http://www.ffdlr.org.au/ and also the Australian Drug Law Reform Foundation http://home.vicnet.net.au/~adlrf/ and the Australia Institute http://www.tai.org.au/

Whilst I have absolute admiration and support for these organisations and the work they do I feel that a more direct approach would be something I would love to be invovled in.
Posted by Daniel06, Thursday, 31 May 2007 9:10:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thankyou stickman and Daniel60 for your support.

To stickman in regards to Australian Treaty Series 1967 No 31, most prohibition advocates do not realize that this is what our current laws are based on. A united nations treaty proposed by cold war USA which predates the kind of drugs we are talking about in public debate now. (so called "designer drugs" ice, ecstasy etc.) I only referenced it to outline the ancient view that this problem can somehow be squashed by law. We should know better as upstanding members of the global community in 2007. The old approach would simply be laughable if it didn't concern the welfare of my family and friends.

To those who wish to join the movement against this atrocity of human freedom please visit and support the organizations just posted by Daniel06.

For those who believe direct action needs to be taken, please register your support at www.re-legalization.com (you will also see where I plagiarized most of my argument from)
Posted by johnburns, Monday, 4 June 2007 8:33:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy