The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nothing radical about equal opportunities for all citizens > Comments

Nothing radical about equal opportunities for all citizens : Comments

By Tim Wilson, published 13/3/2007

It's no surprise that the Prime Minister is considering reforming access to government benefits for same-sex couples.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
It's the 21st century for goodness sake! Equal treatment of gays should be unremarkable
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 13 March 2007 2:25:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah, I'm tired of hearing about it to be honest. Let's knock this one off so we can move on to more pressing issues.
Posted by spendocrat, Wednesday, 14 March 2007 9:26:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lol....that's some argument guys. Pretend the discussion is over.

The author of course once again ignores the purpose of tax concession laws and the like. In lumping the lack of the same concessions to homosexual couples, the author completely misleads.

Why do mothers get a baby bonus payment? To encourage more births. This payment does not get given to people who don't have kids...that's discrimination! But that is the sort of discrimination we want. The same could be said to almost every rebate and deduction in existence.

Government is there to encourage the sorts of behaviours that are vital to our society and its wellbeing, not to simply hand out swaths of money to everyone willy nilly on some sort of faux 'equal opportunity' rhetorical rubbish.
Posted by Grey, Wednesday, 14 March 2007 1:53:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'..some argument guys. Pretend the discussion is over.'

Yeah, no, I wasn't making an argument actually. That was a comment. Trying to figure out what your post is now...

'...money to everyone willy nilly on some sort of faux 'equal opportunity' rhetorical rubbish.'

There's a number of ways for a homosexual couple to have a child, actually (I should know, because here I am, the child of my lesbian mum), but I'll leave that for now..what do you mean by 'faux equal opportunity rhetorical rubbish'? You'll have to formulate some reasoning as to why its faux, why its rhetorical, and why its rubbish (for all people to be treated equally) - in order to begin to create some semblance of 'argument' in your post.
Posted by spendocrat, Thursday, 15 March 2007 9:01:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy