The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A policy wish list > Comments

A policy wish list : Comments

By David Flint, published 1/3/2007

Hopefully the next federal government restores the states to their proper place and does not engage in social engineering or wasting time on the latest elite obsession.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
One positive aspect of this article is that it highlights one of life's little truisms, and one that probably, in his most pragmatic moments, gives JH a little shiver of doom.

With friends like Flint, who needs enemies?

I suspect that one of JH's mates has told him about this thing called the Internet, and how people are using blogs, forums and suchlike to talk amongst themselves.

One of the games in these playgrounds is astroturfing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

The word has gone out that JH is losing his grip on the media, and that he should mobilize the mates to find their shrill little voices in this new medium.

Unfortunately, this is the result.

Being supported by this superannuated old nobody is the Liberal equivalent of a lunch with Brian Burke, only more nausea-inducing.

It is encouraging that the appearance of a stable, intelligent opponent can cause such fear and loathing in our PM and his cohorts. So far their reaction has been utterly predictable - play the man, not the ball - and I'm sure we will see many more, and dirtier, tricks before we get to vote.

But recruiting Flint into the forward line is a big mistake, even though he is a meaningless spent force, because it illustrates perfectly how out of touch Howard is.

Given the constituency that Rudd needs to bring across to his side, Flint's intervention can only bring him joy and hope. If JH is already this desperate, Rudd is a shoe-in.

A side note to OLO. Can we make a deal - if Flint's self-proclaimed record "I must reveal, somewhat immodestly, that I have not been wrong in predicting a general election" comes to an end, can you insist that he writes an erravi?

Should be even more amusing than his normal contribution.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 6 March 2007 9:00:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sille,

Considering the harm done to Australians, such as Vivian Alvarez Solon, Cornelia Rau and others the lack of applying DUE PROCESS OF LAW is the culprit. It doesn’t matter if Cornelia Rau spoke German or any other language, Courts are there to ensure that JUSTICE PREVAILS, albeit I admit they often get it wrong.
Their legal status can only be determined by a Court of law, not some public servant in an office!
And, the cost of getting them assessed and possibly deported in a legal manner would by far be a lot cheaper then now having huge cost on keeping them for prolonged time.
Unlike the current system a special Court could deal much quicker with cases and more appropriate and would be a lot cheaper in the overall.
Lawyers do not necessarily be involved unless the Court holds that the accused does not have the ability to comprehend the charges and proceedings.

TAPP

You got to be joking with “Australian "citizenship" is a valued privilege. To qualify, it will be necessary to understand the Australian Constitution and laws and”
Just check out my blog; http://au.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-ijpxwMQ4dbXm0BMADq1lv8AYHknTV_QH and you might just find that the “The Australian Peoples Party” or yourself of perhaps most people in this forum would not have a clue what their constitution is about or for that matter their Constitution has been substituted with a fake constitution!
So, which constitution is then relevant for “aliens” to learn?
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Wednesday, 7 March 2007 12:21:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy