The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Fifty years of ACOSS > Comments

Fifty years of ACOSS : Comments

By Philip Mendes, published 28/12/2006

ACOSS has existed as a unique body for 50 years, representing both welfare providers and welfare consumers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
ACOSS is a great organisation, especially if you happen to be like our family on a low income struggling to survive. I wish the organisation another 50 years of strong representation on our behalf, and wish to express my gratitude for your existence
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 28 December 2006 1:49:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The only thing a welfare recipient is to ACOSS, is a pawn to be used to get more public money for the welfare NGOs, & to a lesser extent, their employemployees.
As with the Hawaiian missionaries, "they came to do good, & they've done very very well".
When it comes to welfare professionals, I'd much rather pay them welfare, than pay them to "do" welfare.

The needy would be much better off, without this bunch of W**kers riding them, all the way to the bank.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 28 December 2006 4:50:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,I'm pretty much in agreement.This churning of tax dollars whereby our SS Organisations tax the life out of the working poor and middle class just to secure more jobs for bureaucrats under the guise of helping people,is the the biggest lie of all time.Back in the fifities income tax was just 11% without this miriad of taxes such as GST,land tax payroll tax,petrol tax and stamp duties on anything that moves.

They have taken the onus from the individual to be responsible and thus rely on The State to provide.Notice how many just waste their baby bonuses on consumerables.They have no idea of goals or how to be frugal.If the job gets too hard,throw it in and the State will support me.

ACOSS and it's cohorts have properagated more human misery by allowing people to take the easy options and become dependant upon them,so they can expand their empires.In the past,families and private charities did a far better job,and still to this day our SS organisations give things like youth allowance so families don't have to resolve their conflicts,creating more burdens on the tax payer.

Poor people should pay no tax at all.Let them be the masters of their own destinies and most will thrive.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 29 December 2006 12:05:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy