The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Team Rudd > Comments

Team Rudd : Comments

By Mark Bahnisch, published 7/12/2006

Kevin Rudd is a canvas on which the Liberals can apply thick daubs of negative paint.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
As a swinging voter who derives from Rudds home electorate i must say he is a definately a goer in more ways than one.

Whilst i dont necessarily like the fact that i dont hear from him except the week before the election, he does plenty behind the scenes and he will steer the ship just as good as howard. Remember, they are not so much different from eachother in many ways.

In fact, i would say Rudd has more backbone right now along with a clear vision than howard ever did prior to him being elected.

Rudd may end up a better leader, i liked old Kim and i was dissapointed he did not get his chance, but Rudd is the man to win it.

All the knockers out there will come around, and he can challenge anyone in any conversation which labor has not had since hawky.

Shame he does not drink yardies like hawky.
Posted by Realist, Thursday, 7 December 2006 2:22:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Sneeky, "paint" struck me as terribly polite too.

Mark is right, Rudd does need to brand himself and take traditional issue ownership back for Labor.

At the same time, chickens are coming home to roost. Flour is apparently a biological hazard, the immigration detention thing hasn't finished yet (barely begun), AWB isn't over by a long shot, neither is Iraq and with it the possibility of Australian casualties, AIDS is coming back as an issue and Abbott cannot deal with that.

Also the new front bench could take some of the pressure off Rudd with a few strong performers. It will be an interesting year.
Posted by chainsmoker, Thursday, 7 December 2006 2:22:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labor doesnt know what is traditional anymore, their interest is the labor party and co.

Its time we did make a change for ourselves

email:swulrich@bigpond.net.au
Australian Peoples Party
Posted by tapp, Thursday, 7 December 2006 3:05:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chainsmoker,
Yes it certainly will be an interesting year, personally I believe the little rodent has exhausted any credibility he ever had, too many "core" and "non-core" lies over the last decade. Rudd and Gillard have one excellent start their names are not Howard or Costello.

On a more serious note, The Rudd/Gillard leadership will need to perform well and articulate good clear policy, and refute every Howard lie, and hammer every Howard mistake similtaneously or Malcom Turnbull will be our next PM.
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 7 December 2006 3:32:18 PM
All interesting comments so far, especially concerning Julia Gillard. All heralding a change. Could say these thinkers are really onto a coming "It's about time" era.

The recent change in US politics alone should have given a clue. It is well to remember how after the US victory celebration in Baghdad, Howard and Downer were so full of praise for the GWB Dynasty. Howard even suggested how preemptive strikes might be the way to go in SE Asia and the South Pacific.

Though Global ethics had been broken, the rhetoric proved safe, because it came out of fascistic-style mouths in polite fashion. Not like Mark Latham who spoke much political truth but discoloured it with what some say was the language of the gutter.

Yet was the Latham language much worse than trained academics being called looney-lefties and fruitcakes, as well as anything pertaining to Socratic Reasoning, Old Pap stuff by some of our Onliners.

Returning now to the projected disappearance of the GWB - Blair cum Howard era it is also well to remember that "the truth will out" is a saying used both by philosophers and political historians, and as the latter persons sre usually academics, maybe it is the fruity cakers who will really have the answers in the end
Posted by bushbred, Thursday, 7 December 2006 4:24:38 PM
Well, thats 8 of you, who would vote for George Bush, If he was elected leader of the Aust labor party.
I could have, & probably would have voted for Beazley, but I could never vote for this smug, condescending, self satisfied pounce.

What with the loony academic left, & this prig, I can't see much to desolve the rust holding Howards battlers in place.
I don't like much of the IR reforms, but it would have to be 100 times worse, before I would want to see this peanut in the lodge.

I wonder how long it will take for the voters to get sick of being talked down to.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 7 December 2006 4:26:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy