The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Do Australian voters care about sleaze in politics? > Comments

Do Australian voters care about sleaze in politics? : Comments

By Peter Tucker, published 2/11/2006

Even with scandal in the Tasmanian Government it will still be difficult for the Liberals to gain power there.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Morals and ethics are obsolete within the halls of parliament and the public seemingly couldn't care less! What's in their pockets is far more important.

I'm the type who bears a grudge, remembering the ignominious days of WA Inc.

And yet past members of WA Inc. (including a gaol bird) are again strutting the halls of WA parliament, colluding with Labor politicians, doing deals and spreading their propaganda of self-interest in the most furtive ways.

Of course that will all be temporarily cleaned up prior to the next election!

And the WA opposition are being led by "Dad's Army" which have failed abysmally to address the issue which everyone is now discussing - climate change! This issue no longer remains the domain of the left loonies and the WA Liberals' indifference indicates that they continue to live in la la land! In addition the disloyalty displayed to each other and the party leaks to media over the past year, is another hindrance preventing this party from regaining government in the near future.

Then you have on both sides, ministers holding portfolios of which they know zilch. Of course they insist that this is not necessary since they have their "advisors"!

And Mr Ripper the "rip off" treasurer, the highest taxing treasurer WA has had with no relief in sight.

By joves, the Greens are looking more attractive each day! I'll even consider giving Dan the dustman my vote at the next election. Morals and ethics could not degenerate much further!
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 4 November 2006 6:35:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello Peter

Me again! Sincerely hope that you are watching the scandalous events within the Western Australian parliament.

Can't wait for the CCC to resume its investigations in the near future.

Environment minister McGowan has got off lightly to date. This gentleman sacked the Core Consultative Committee on Hazardous Waste (3C) -just tore up the cabinet endorsed agreement for this committee which was the citizens' last hope of living with hazardous waste plants which would be properly regulated.

And the Burke and Grill duo (ex WA Inc) were the lobbyists for the hazardous waste industry which are opposed to the 3C criteria on waste!

And a hazardous waste plant in Minister Bowler's electorate. Ex WA Inc. member and Lobbyist, Grill was Bowler's campaign manager in the past 2 elections. Hmmmm think about that? Bowler's done nothing yet to protect his constituents from the diabolical hazardous waste operations within the boundary of his electorate, just 500 metres from a cafe and a fuel depot and treating Class V wastes, the most hazardous waste fit only for intractable burial! I guess it doesn't bother him since he doesn't live in his electorate!

And do the citizens care? Probably not!

Perhaps you will write a sequel to your article - CCC revelations to date promise a real juicy outcome!
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 19 November 2006 4:56:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy