The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Stepfamilies have special needs > Comments

Stepfamilies have special needs : Comments

By Natalie Gately, published 24/10/2006

With numbers of stepfamilies on the increase it is worth looking at some of the particular difficulties these families face.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Living in a stepfamily shouldn' t be hard. But the fact is it can be. Why I don't know - the Government is of no help at all and you have no protection and no rights. They discriminate via the CSA and the Family Court. We spent over $30k through the Family Court trying to get at least telephone access to my husband's children - all court orders were ignored and no action taken -because it is not in the courts interest to punish custodial parents - why is it in their interest to punish step families. Now we are estranged from my husbands children with no where to go, he is labelled a 'runaway father' so therefore the lies continue. Congratulations Natalie your efforts are invaluable. We do count, our daughter counts equally also. Don't start me on CSA . It doesn't have to be hard but people with the help of the Government can make sure it is.
Posted by Squid, Thursday, 26 October 2006 6:37:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I grew up with step-parents, and then committed myself to a man with 2 kids. Constant harassment and lies from his ex, which got worse when I had my 2 kids. Step-parenting is made even harder when you're rendered invisible by the ex, the courts, the government and especially the CSA. Its a constant battle to be 'the bigger person' and set an example for the kids; one that, in our case, their own mother cannot do. Looking forward to the day we never have to deal with such a malicious and vicious, viper and liar, of a woman again.
Posted by atticus, Saturday, 28 October 2006 1:54:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is it with ONLINE OPINION

All these articles, within the month of October, on all things to do with men being victims and how 'toxic' Mothers are.

I happen to know one of the articles was a complete farce. I'm left wondering about the rest. Obviously it's some collaborative effort by the Mens' groups to influence the general public through misinformation.

University lecturers? Researchers?

Get real.

Lift your Game ONLINE.
Posted by Liz, Tuesday, 27 March 2007 7:53:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy