The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rubbish policy from FaCSIA > Comments

Rubbish policy from FaCSIA : Comments

By Graham Ring, published 17/10/2006

Mal Brough and FaSCIA pull the rug out from under Indigenous communities.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
What then can be done to ensure that communities such as this do not lose their funding? Please don't tell me to write to the Minister.
Is there an advocacy group working to reverse this 'defund' - there is no accountability to the clients or the public.
Posted by Sandy, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 10:49:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Office, boardroom, sports oval, for a community of 200 people. My community of 1500 would love some of that, but you see, we have to pay, out of our pocket, for these things.
Its about time these excesses of public spending were cut back.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 4:07:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is a pity many of protestors here are not ordered to come live on the communities for a few years.
Posted by polpak, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 7:00:00 PM
Good one Graham,

Brough and Pearson and Howard will rejoice now that Davenport will no longer be welfare dependent as there will be no income whatsoever.

polpack, good point. but they know that'll never happen. thats what makes them so brave.

Hasbeen, Yes 200 people,boardroom, sports oval, the need for which was created by aparthied laws over the past 150 years, ie,keeping 'blacks' out of sight and mind and out of your pristine white town - but you know this history so well don't you
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 18 October 2006 9:31:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tragedy. I am filled with sadness. These good people have made things work and now they are being cast off.
They have been macerated in a policy shift, and one that may well be ultimately wiser than the previous policy. Was it good policy to encourage communities that were viable only with the indefinite support of funds from outside sources? I suppose the rest of Australia could afford to fund some indigenous communities in perpetuity and you could make a strong moral case for that too, given the injustices of the past. But I now hope that these capable people who have succeeded under the rules of the recent past can now be encouraged to succeed under the rules of the new policies. I am sad at the tragedy of this situation, I sincerely hope that the new policies will yield equal or better outcomes.
Posted by Fencepost, Wednesday, 18 October 2006 6:48:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy