The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The real power in the media landscape > Comments

The real power in the media landscape : Comments

By Michael Anderson, published 20/10/2006

Young people are the real players in media deregulation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
You make the assumption that I'm apart of the boomer generation. Im not. I am apart of "generation y", and trust me, this lot won't get anything fixed.
Posted by Bobalot, Wednesday, 25 October 2006 8:04:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I completely disagree because the landscape has totally changed from what was their in the 1998-2000 as the companies have consolidated. Video, streaming, tv, ads and movies via the Internet, wireless and phones is the biggest thing since the Internet really hit in the mid 90s.

Noone thought it was possible back then to monetise search engines but Google and Yahoo put pay to that. Similarly with chat and voip but eBay's purchase of Skype and the offering they have are showing up that too. The smart ones out there on the big scale are definitely making money and video will be the next big thing.

I mean Google was the first 100 billion company to have never advertised on TV. (and still hasnt I think).

It because of all the little people all over the world making money themselves online and bypassing traditional media via blogs etc. that is causing this. Google and check out an Chinese Aussie immigrant called Tom Hua ( he does speaking engagements all the time) and see why this is the case. I found he explains it really well with a great sense of humour :) Or just check out this blog that I found http://retire-online.blogspot.com as it seemed to best explain to my why the online world is heading this way.

There is a reason why News Corp is buying My Space and PBL us venturing away from traditional TV and into online gambling. It is all about the huge databases and yes email addresses. This is where I most beg to differ while no is making money specifically on the sending/receiving of emails there are millions big and small the world over making money from emails.
Posted by quiver, Wednesday, 1 November 2006 11:50:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy