The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A cultural legacy > Comments

A cultural legacy : Comments

By Roger Smith, published 12/10/2006

Bali four years on - a catalyst for a new counter culture or will conservative cultural ascendancy be prolonged?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
The latest report to come out of a US military funded research grant at an American University says that between 500,000 and 800,000 people have been killed in Iraq.

A total of under 4000 people were killed in the US, London, Madrid and Bali. A tragic loss of life, undoubtedly. Yet, we are told that these are the events that have ‘shaped our century’.
Posted by Carl, Thursday, 12 October 2006 3:33:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmm, Coach, I reviewed your post and read that your precise comment was the anti christian sentiment, not necessarily secularism. If my initial interpretation of your post was inaccurate, then I withdraw those statements...

I'd still argue however that it isn't anti-christian sentiment that weakens us, or that the issue is simply about being weak.

I think true weakness is caving to fear and becoming like the oppressive regimes we profess to abhor.

Christianity is supposedly founded on love and tolerance is it not? Why then is it so easy these days to overlook those elements in favour of that 'eye for an eye' crap.

If we want to be truly strong, we would hold on to our beliefs in civil rights, free speech, democracy and acceptance of other cultures.
To be weak is to become insular and hostile.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Thursday, 12 October 2006 4:27:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy