The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A ménage à trois - the answer to the AFL yawn > Comments

A ménage à trois - the answer to the AFL yawn : Comments

By Mirko Bagaric, published 18/8/2006

Recent rule changes have done nothing to stem the growing disenchantment with the game.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Or you could trot off and watch some Soccer or Rugby. 2 sides, 3 sides, Auskickers, country ressies or training around witches hats, I'd still take a yawnfest Aussie Rules game ahead of most of what the other codes have to offer.
Posted by Munro_Mick, Friday, 18 August 2006 3:13:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with you Munro_Mick, even coming from a "dyed in the wool" rugby UNION supporter that was once "forced" to watch his young boys learn and play aussi rules because of a family move from nsw to vic 18 years ago.
I am convinced its the World's best game if played well.
We are lucky enough to have a very big local ground and..... [you bewdy! Port's in the lead for the fist time!! -3rd qtr ,73 plays71}.
Anyway if we can keep the ugly neck-stretcher rugby league 3 man tackles out of it; make sure players and umpires are disciplined and fit ; don't start taking soccer dives; and get a bit of that huge AFL MONEY PIE FOR THE BUSH, the game at least in the scrub will entertain the masses forever and keep a lot of young men healthy, happy and busy on their days off.
Posted by kartiya, Friday, 18 August 2006 10:50:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There you go Mirko , Alan Didak must have heard you !.
Posted by kartiya, Friday, 18 August 2006 11:19:15 PM
I stopped watching when the games weren't live anymore. I am not prepared to get pay TV just for live football.

I think the AFL has sown the seeds of its own demise by forcing all live matches on payTV. When the radio commentary moves away from the ABC, I'll probably limit my AFL to the grand final party.

If the AFL wants our attention they should make the games shorter, have them live on TV and run more than one comp at a time. The home and away season could be shorter and a knock out comp could be run in between. Say one round a month. That keeps the other teams interested and gives most players a much neede break towards the end of the season.
Posted by gusi, Saturday, 19 August 2006 2:07:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy